Headlight Restoration

Guest swanny

Guest swanny

Has any one got involved in headlight restoration I have got a product I am trying out and it work awsome and easy you do. what your opinion one doing this?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest AutoAppearancesInc

swanny:

Yes I have been doin git for about 2 years now.

The product(s) I use will keep the headlights nice and clear for at least a year and half to two years.

I have checked customers lights that a did a year, year and a half and they still look good!

Most of my headlight restores are dealer, some retail.

Guest redwagon

Swanny,

Yes this is a great service! Either add-on or otherwise. Like AutoAppInc, I've done hundreds of lights over the last 3 years.

Lucrative profit if marketed right. I know a DCX dealer that pays well over $100 for a warranty claim, just under $90 for non-warranty.

Have tons of before/after's if ya wanna see em, let me know.

Regards,

Mike

Guest AutoAppearancesInc

Mike:

I would lke to discuss this with you and see your before and after pictures.

I too have a bunch of before and after pictures.

Looked for your email addres on your profile, but everything was blank!!!

Fill it in dude!!!!! lol!!!!

Guest swanny

Sorry took so long to get back to you all.

Redwagon how do you get warranty work out of a dealer I went out today

and sold some kits to some used car dealers and after I demo the product I use they want it right then and there. I think this is a well needed product for used car lots. The best part there is money to be made

will see what happens

I almost for got what product are you useing?

Guest redwagon

Swanny,

Warranty work varies by manufacturer, dealer, whether or not it's and aftermarket/underwritten-type warranty.

All we've needed was of course, our biz license, proper invoicing, MSDS's on hand... that sort of thing.

Best bets on headlight restoration are the well-known local lots. Not buy-here, pay-here crap lots, but the one's that really benefit from their inventory standing tall. Many do not mind spending needed $$$ for quality recon.

Flipside from the buyhere, payhere guys are the huge new car franchises with used lots. These people want everything done in-house or for friggin cheap. F-that.

Have not sold any kits to any dealers. Much more money to be made in not letting them be privy to my products and techniques. Rather, get them sold on results and personal service.

In my market, I could sell kits to dealers, then aside from furnishing them with more product (which they may be able to buy themselves for the same price), my ca$h flow is severely restricted.

Case in point. A local used only dealer has had me doing headlights off and on for a little over 2 years at the rate of 5-8 sets a month. New mgr comes in and wants to cut corners and orders a headlight kit from a snake oil salesman they only saw the one time he was there to do a demo and split.

Dealer did a couple sets of lites with the kit and went to re-order products. Number had been disconnected, no working email, etc...

So, back to doing headlights again. Dealer didn't ask me for product, nor did I offer.

In short, if you have the time and are set up to provide this as a SERVICE, rather than product, there is really good steady income.

Also, I use brightsolutions product as well as other commersh stuff (sandpaper, msi sc-2000, Plexus...)

Regards,

Mike

Guest swanny

The products you use do you re laminate the headlight

The product I use and process you sand the headlight sand the laminat of as much as possible the apply this clear laminate back over the light it works great

and it only take about 5 to 10 minutes per headlight we demo for the dealers and they are amazed at how it looks when it is done.

I had one dealer tell me he thought he made a mistake letting me demo one of his cars he said it looked like I was screwing up his light until he saw the final product and he was amazed.

Got to go give me a call I am interested in trading info

408-779-8977

Archived