2002 Accord quarter windows

Guest Peja43916

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Peja43916
but the ones on the 2002 come out basically the same. but I've never had to remove those to tint them.

[*]272646

do you trim the gasket or do you just cut it close? I have problems with the very top corner mostly

If you are going to trim it, don't go hacking a big ole chunk out from the hole piece of rubber. Put your blade in at an angle reaching back into the rubber a little (and a little meaning like 1/32nd of an inch or less, you don't need to hardly remove much at all if you pattern is cut correctly) at like a 45 degree angle. When you get done cutting and you look at the rubber straight on, you SHOULD NOT be able to tell that you even touched it will a blade at all if you were careful enough, because you are cutting the backside of the rubber touching the glass, not the face of the rubber that the whole world is going to see.

My kids have been begging for the online play on their xbox. I think I need to get this game you guys preach about and the live kit or whatever it is, about and see if my old nintendo thumbs can do their magic once again. :twocents

Guest De4thMet4LKing00

[i cant believe you guys take out the quarter glasses to tint them. That wastes so much time. I cut my pattern on the outside, just a tad big so I know it'll fit inside. I have NEVER had a problem with em being too short, or dirty, or hacked out. It's all about precision, and knowing how it'll fit while cutting

[i cant believe you guys take out the quarter glasses to tint them. I cut my pattern on the outside, just a tad big so I know it'll fit inside.  I have NEVER had a problem with em being too short, or dirty, or hacked out.  It's all about precision, and knowing how it'll fit while cutting

[*]341720

See my more detailed answer in the other thread you started on rear decks.

As far as this 1/4 window goes..if your telling us that you can do this window without taking it apart AND have no light gap AND you have the film hiding th plastic on the inside of the car..I call 100% :dunno

I believe you can instal it clean..but your not going much beyond the rubber curve ..otherwise your creasing all to heck ..or your accepting the job as just coming up to the rubber curve...or your thinking of another 1/4 window all together.

I should clarify I don't think there's anything wrong with a tinter who chooses not to take this 1/4 window out...just don't tell me it's going to look EXACTLY the same quality full edged install as the tinter who does take it out is all. :dunno

Guest De4thMet4LKing00

No no no. I'm not saying its going to be the same as if you DO take it out. I'm just saying that its not necessary to take em out. When I do them, I do not have any light, and it goes inside the rubber with no creases. Its actually not that hard to do. Its just the way I was taught to cut them. I'm not saying its easy, but thats just how I do it. Its the same with most of the small quarter windows I do (Altima, Mazda 6, Camry, etc). Tell you what, I have been trying to remember to bring my camera so I can take pictures of my finished jobs, so I think I'll start doing that, just so you wont call "BS"

Its the same with most of the small quarter windows I do (Altima, Mazda 6, Camry, etc).  Tell you what, I have been trying to remember to bring my camera so I can take pictures of my finished jobs, so I think I'll start doing that, just so you wont call "BS"

[*]341935

Fair enough :lol2 I also don't remove the windows out of the other cars you mentioned and have them clean looking ..just not the Honda you mentioned ..it's recessed in WAY more than the others ..I can also tin them that there is no light gap on the Honda (but you still see the molding in the corner ...if your saying that you can hide all that molding with a clean install without pulling window ..I'd be more than happy to retract my "BS" and to publically give you a pat on the back. :dunno

Archived