Goin Rate Auto Tinter

Guest CloudWalker

Guest CloudWalker

Been done before but this super truck accessory store said they wanted me to tint for them I said how much rent will I have to pay they said nothin just work for us and we'll pay you $8 an hour. I laughed his ass out of his own shop. Explained to him how fuked up he is then he said what would you be willing to work for? I said I think about it and get back to ya. What would you guys say to him? I remember it should be something like 35-40% of total money for vehichle but see what you say.

Guest cctint

Who's buying the film, advertizing,tools, ect...Employee? Subcontractor?Sounds like alot of nogotiating to be worked out. Good luck, good be a good gig!

Guest CloudWalker

True I just figured you could tell me the way to present all those things you know so the tinter comes out on top of course. 8)

Guest thetintshop

the owner should pay for everything, including tools that are expected to be used up. (squeegees, bottles, blades, ect.) 30-35% starting out, 35-40% after a few months to a year is an acceptable rate. as an owner, I would never pay more than 45%, but I would give bonuses, ect. I would be willing to give more on accounts that you bring with you. so be sure to mention that to him.

Guest CloudWalker

excelent advise tintshop I thank ya thats exactly the kinda response I was waiting for thats exactly what I was thinking except the extra on accounts I would bring I just wanted to get some support. Thanks again

Guest CloudWalker

I'm in my own shop now and he is sending me bus. but he said he will probably be tinting windows soon so I guess he just don't want to have to train someone so offered me frickin $8 an hour. :coffee But Gus what do you mean I might be setting up the compitition down the road??

Guest Tint Wiz

Boss would not give me going rate, the :ahole so gave him some time to think it over but did not change his mind , so started up on my own not doing to bad ethier ,and I was the only fully trained tinter of 14 years 10 on flat glass and 4 on cars his loss :coffee

Archived