glass cleaner

Consumer Reports magazine tested all the typical window and surface cleaning products on the market and found that their "homebrew" recipe worked as good or better than all the brands they tested! You can make a gallon for about $1.50. You'll need 1 pint rubbing alcohol, 1/2 cup sudsy ammonia, and 1 teaspoon liquid dish soap (not the dishwasher type). In a gallon jug, fill it up with good clean water. If your house doesn't have good water, buy a gallon of spring/drinking water and use it. Put the dish soap in last so the soap bubbles don't make it hard to fill the jug with water.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No problemns so far, but when metint comes back he'll point out that inhaling atomized alcohol is not advised.

Furthermore: E=Mc2

Atomized =

Verb 1. atomize - spray very finely; "atomize perfume"

Synonyms: atomise

2. atomize - strike at with firepower or bombs; "zap the enemy"

Synonyms: nuke, atomise, zap

3. atomize - break up into small particles; "the fine powder had been atomized by air"

Synonyms: atomise

Yea we use the CR Laurence foam glass cleaner. It works perfect. I also use this to get glue off of windows when removing old film. The active ingredients break down the glue faster than amonia. Try it out guys

Your talking about the foaming glass cleaner,right? Sprayway is a CRL product. You can find it in glass shops but they charge about $4 a can. You can set up an account at CR Laurence and order it in cases.

http://www.crlaurence.com/ProductPages/1/1...14.html?Origin=

[*]273185

Guest Marco
Yea we use the CR Laurence foam glass cleaner. It works perfect. I also use this to get glue off of windows when removing old film. The active ingredients break down the glue faster than amonia. Try it out guys
Your talking about the foaming glass cleaner,right? Sprayway is a CRL product. You can find it in glass shops but they charge about $4 a can. You can set up an account at CR Laurence and order it in cases.

http://www.crlaurence.com/ProductPages/1/1...14.html?Origin=

[*]273185

[*]274037

That's what I use for stripping, takes the glue off faster than anything else Iv'e used. You can get a case of this cleaner for $16

Srayway or Gunk!! Slip solution is OK but I like how foam collects all the

dirt/felt!! I mean at least you know where they ended up at not somewhere

in the door waiting to make a comeback!! :shock

Guest Tintbds
vinegar has a pH of about 2.5 or so (pure water is 7 and 7 is neutral)

So by mixing 1/3 to 1/4 vinegar with water you get a decent cleaner, but it's not overly strong.

Great for smokers or getting that haze off the windshield that just won't go away.

[*]273318

At least we know what's in the vinegar :lol

But what is in the foam cleaner and those other fanasy name stuff etc? :shock J/ :lol K

We like the sprayway glass cleaner,we found it at walmart for $1.84 a can we bought all they had about to months ago and haven't seen it ther since :shock  what kind of glass cleaner do you use,how much do you pay,and were do you get it ? :lol

[*]273043

Ok, before you even read the following please read the disclaimer.

Disclaimer "I am not trying to hype our company or the products we carry, but trying to offer you a cost affective cleaner that if you chose can also help with advertising your shop. If you do not want to see this please skip this message."

That being said, if you are looking for sprayway cleaner we offer the product as our perfromax glass cleaner for $2.00 a can, a little more pricey than what you guys are paying I know but nothing I can do about the price. We do however have a custom glass cleaner program that allows you to put your companys name and information on the can to resell or give away at your shop for your customers. The custom program is cheaper than our performax cleaner but you have to buy in bulk. The program is for 60 cases for $1260 which includes freight to your door. This breaks down to $1.75/can of cleaner. The process takes about 8 weeks from approval of the order to ship your initial order after that your lead time is 10 business days. Full color pictures and labels are available but the price will be higher. If you want to insure the products are the same try a can of our performax cleaner since they are the same products.

http://www.44tools.com/merchant2/merchant....ategory_Code=PC

I apologive if the link did not come through properly, if it does not work please cut and past it to your browser. or visit www.44tools.com and look for the custom class cleaner under the professional chemicals section.

Again I am not looking to push a product rather offer an alternative for everyone.

Guest metint
distilled white vinegar + water

boogaman used it on his festiva and it broke the clear scratch coating down into flakes. I asked him what he cleaned his windows with and he said vinegar and water. his repeated use of it destroyed the scratch resistant coating like a mug mang.

[*]273249

I'm still stuck on the part about Boogaman cleaning... anything. :lol Much less his windows. :shock

Archived