carbon steel blades for trimming

I have been using a olfa cartridge knife with the Black High Carbon steel blades for trimming the top edge of roll downs. Its seems to stay sharper than stainless and carbon steel blades come with most knifes anyway.

I use a red dot with a stainless blade for cutting on glass so I dont get confused and grab the wrong blade and scratch a back glass.

:DD

Not only should one have different blades but also two different knifes. You shouldnot use the knife that you use to cut on the glass surface for anything else. Otherwise you may have a freshly snapped off but dull tip.

[*]273695

exactly,like I mentioned I use an olfa catridge knife to hold the carbon blades

its 3 times the size of a silver red dot that has stainless in it.

I could see a newbie getting confused tho. :coffee

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

•   Sponsored by
    premiumgard

xpel

valor

suntek

tinttek

filmvinyldesigns

Advertise Here

• Activity Stream

1. 9,320

The Off Topic Thread

2. 8

How does one acquire 3M Crystalline film?

3. 8

4. 8

• Recent Status Updates

• Tintmax

Tintmax Automotive is now offering window tinting, and ceramic coatings at out new Astoria Location. We are located at 3102 Astoria Blvd, Astoria NY 11102. There is a Starbucks Coffee across the street. Stop by say hello!.

· 0 replies
    • Pro Tint Inc

We are looking for experienced  tinters.  Pay will be based on experience. We have been in business for over 30 years.
      We work with 3M Films and Solar Gard films. Hours are Tues- Sat. 9am-6pm.  Please call our shop at (626) 285-5208, or email me at jasmine@protintus.com if you are interested.
      · 0 replies
    • Tint and Thingz

Today was a very dramatic day I was Tintin Subaru and my tint software stopped working because they updated it so now I decided to go and get myself a new software and I happened to stumble across the tint dude
      · 0 replies
    • Pro Tint Of Orlando

HELLO! 
      WE ARE LOOKING FOR WINDOW TINTERS FOR FULL AND PART-TIME WORK. WE ARE A FLAGSHIP 3M AUTHORIZED STORE. WE ARE OPEN 7 DAYS A WEEK. WE ARE LOCATED IN ORLANDO, FL
      MUST BE EXPERIENCED WINDOW TINTER. MUST BE DETAILED ORIENTATED AND A PRECISION INSTALLER. 2 -3 YEARS OF WORK HISTORY IN AUTOMOTIVE WINDOW TINT. COMPETITIVE PAY, CLOSED MOST HOLIDAYS. WE ALL LIKE TO BE WITH FRIENDS AND FAMILY DURING THE HOLIDAYS! FLEX SCHEDULING, HOURS, AND MORE. MUST COME IN TO TEST BEFORE HIRING. MUST BE ABLE TO DO CLEAN WORK, AND BE A TEAM PLAYER.

PPF INSTALLERS WITH 2-3 YEARS OF WORK EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED AS WELL. WE DO HAVE DAP PROGRAMMING FOR PRE-CUTS. BULK IS A PLUS IF YOU ARE EXPERIENCED IN THIS TECHNIQUE 
      WE ARE A FRIENDLY ENVIROMENT SHOP AND WE WORK AS A TEAM. 
      MOST TOOLS AND ACCESSORIES ARE PROVIDED BY THE COMPANY. WORK CARTS AVAILABLE UNLESS YOU HAVE YOUR OWN. MEN AND WOMEN CAN APPLY. 
      · 0 replies
    • Pro Tint Of Orlando

Looking for Auto window tint installer call 407-841-2123 Orlando FL area 

· 0 replies