15 year old tint

Guest thetintshop

had a guy call today wanting the tint removed from his 90 accord. I told him how much it was for removal, but that price was if I were to retint it. if he just wanted it removed and not retinted, the removal price doubles.

he said he just wanted it taken off, he didn't want to tint it again because it would just bubble up and turn purple again.  :evilgrin

I said, "well, that depends on if you pay for good film or not."

he said, "well I'm not paying for something that just turns to crap later on". :spit  :spit

I said, "your car is 15 years old, I doubt if it's in prestine condition either."

he said, "the car looks and runs fine, but that crap on the windows makes it look like a pile of junk".

he made an appointment for friday to have it removed at $170.  :please

I'm so glad ignorance isn't contagious. :lol6

[*]273312

TTS,

He doesn't have a sister living downunder by any chance does he?

I say this because I'm sure I got a call from her yesterday wanting a quote for a R and R 13 year old job on a Toyota Liteace bucket of sh!t and she freaked when I gave her the quote. I hadn't seen it but I could guess what it would be like in our sun conditions.

Yeah and I'm a charity. :lol6 Needless to say I never got her and I'm really crying.

devil

PS. Let us know if he turns up...I bet he doesn't.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

G'day Yoda and nice to see someone up for a change.

Seriously.... Bek's Quantum for cars has been oustanding downunder but I find it such a mofo to install due to the drying procedure that for me it makes it unworkable when I want to deliver a vehicle that is set up and well on the way to being the finished product.

I've told Bek that, they understand fully and are fabulous about it.

I know many around the country that use it and just don't have any failures with it at any time regardless of the northern tropics or southern cool temperate zones.

Devil

Yoda,

I bought a second hand car some time back that had Quantum 38 installed on it for a few years (done by someone else) and even when I removed the trims to check it out for sun exposure, it was as perfect as the day it was installed. The install could have been better but that's another matter.

Not one bit of colour change, no distortions, nothing.

Only that typical grainy appearance in the film though.

On a score of 10 and I'm a critical furry little bastard when it comes to film, it still deserved a 10.

devil

Guest thetintshop
damn I thought I was doing good getting $70 for removals

[*]273375

I charge $85 for removal on a 4 door. $65 on a 2 door. $25 on a regular cab truck. :evilgrin

I thought I was kinda cheap. maybe why I don't do a whole lot of R&R's. :please

damn I thought I was doing good getting $70 for removals

[*]273375

I charge $85 for removal on a 4 door. $65 on a 2 door. $25 on a regular cab truck. :evilgrin

I thought I was kinda cheap. maybe why I don't do a whole lot of R&R's. :please

[*]273431

that's not bad at all.

I charge $85 for removal on a 4 door. $65 on a 2 door. $25 on a regular cab truck. :please

I thought I was kinda cheap. maybe why I don't do a whole lot of R&R's. :lol6

[*]273431

$100 4 door. $80 2 door. $50 reg. cab truck. And I don't do many. :evilgrin

Guest thetintshop

I charge $85 for removal on a 4 door. $65 on a 2 door. $25 on a regular cab truck. :please

I thought I was kinda cheap. maybe why I don't do a whole lot of R&R's. :lol6

[*]273431

$100 4 door. $80 2 door. $50 reg. cab truck. And I don't do many. :evilgrin

[*]273438

there ya go. R&R's suck. mainly because it's cheap film/hack work we're removing. haven't removed many good films with a good install.

guess we'll just have to keep cleaning up these "factory trained" tinters messes. :spit

Archived