Europe auto tinting

Fellow director has just returned from a well travelled Euopean venture and advises that lots of the European car tinting market is being swallowed up by most car manufacturers supplying dark glass as factory fitted. Not front doors but everything else rear of the driver.

As a result, all this market is lost in retro fitting of film and it will be a definate sign of the future which goes not well for all of us who are in this field.

devil

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's what is going to happen for sure Yoda so start develping that flat now.

He was saying that his previous visit which wasn't all that long ago showed no indication of this move but now the evidence is overwhelming.

But just watch the hackers and fly by nighters migrate to the dark side. :evilgrin

Devil

Fellow director has just returned from a well travelled Euopean venture and advises that lots of the European car tinting market is being swallowed up by most car manufacturers supplying dark glass as factory fitted. Not front doors but everything else rear of the driver.

As a result, all this market is lost in retro fitting of film and it will be a definate sign of the future which goes not well for all of us who are in this field.

devil

[*]273464

:please There are lot of old carZ, DWB :evilgrin I think more probs we have form Tint LAWZ....

And why You forget about FLAT: SAFETY for example - market? I GROWS with terrorism :evilgrin:please

How often you buy or install 8,12,14,15,16 mil????

Our sales of safety growth every day...

If last year manufacturing was 70% auto / 30% safety, now it is 60/40 and it grows...

Thats great news!  Hopefully all the hack shops will fall to the wayside here stateside, and leave the flat glasss arena for those that have persued that avenue .

[*]273466

Probably right

Unfortunately alot of these guys have no business getting into the flat market.

devil

[*]273464

I think you are going a bit too far.( maybe knowingly on purpose ?) Right know this will bring more customers to us as every car with dark glasses is advertisement for such. The Sharan was one of the first some years ago. It has at least trippled the amount of Sharans and the likes getting tint. OEM tints can never be as individual as films. It will be a long time before that effect turns around if at all. Devil, I understand the fear but this is too serious. You don't want to have people who are making their living with this panic unnecessarily.

Still not wrong to add flat glass.

you guys are right, when the year 1999 or earlier I think kicked in, alot of suv started coming out with factory tinted windows, we did notice a bit of a downslope especially from the dealerships, but no matter what there are always a hand full of people wanting to get they're windows tinted, like most new cars 4 door sedans , 2 door sedans, some trucks and suv's that dont come tinted. I dont think it will effect the business in anyway, like any other profession, there is a good side and bad side, but lets not let some film rep from another country tell you that tinting is fading away, its BS, with respect of other people's commments. and on top of that, some people with factory tinted suv's want it darker! and about flat glass, that stuff is getting hacked too! customers are all about getting the cheapest job ever! for safety or heat/uv reduction, I've lost a couple of jobs to someone who is charging 2.00 per square foot! its ridiculous, I think our main problem is that there is to many damn hacks who are lowballing the hell out of the industry, its mostly these guys who go off to another tintshop and work for about 5-7 months, get the basics down and go off on they're own, not s surprise I've seen it happen, there must be a solution! on top of all these hacks, you got these hack film companies selling to whom ever they get calls from. :evilgrin

G'evening Leo,

I wouldn't be surprised mate with terrorism so high on the agenda.

The cars we were referring to were all new models like Citroens, Fiats, etc.

DWBA. :DD

[*]273490

:inot In our country cars You mentioned are without dark tintZ. Yes, glasses are tinted on 30% - no more. About terrorism...Only two last month I MAKE INSTALLATION IN SOME 5 (!!!!) DIPLOMATIC buildings....

Archived