Who has a bike?

Guest SSC

My bike is getting old.

It's an 89 EX500 w/ 30,000 miles on it. A lot for a sportbike, and it's been ridden hard and put away wet all it's life, ...even before I got it :inot

I won't say it's on it's last legs, but it hasn't had an easy life. It's my first bike, and it's a good first bike. Fast enough to scare you a little in the beginning, but not too fast to get you in too much trouble.

In all honesty, I'm pretty tame. One might say lame. I never pull wheelies, although others have done so on my bike, so it's confirmed that it's capable of wheelies. I just know that it's not a particularly good idea because the engine has been rebuilt twice, and the last thing I want to do is blow it up with only one tire on the ground.

So I'm thinking I might trade it for a newer bike. I'm a sportbike girl, so I want a sportbike ...and with all the plastic trimmings... I know the 'n@ked bike' thing is kinda in, but I'm not into that. I don't want to finance, so I'm thinking in the $3-5k range. Fuel Injection might be nice, but that's kinda rare.

So who has one, and what do you like?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used to have a ninja back in 89 then I got a katana then got a GSXR-750.

if I were buying a sport bike I would get a GSXR 1000 no questions asked, light powerful like a mug, fuel injection, digital spedo all that cool shvit, did I mention its lighter than a mug :inot

I used to have a ninja back in 89 then I got a katana then got a GSXR-750.

if I were buying a sport bike I would get a GSXR 1000 no questions asked, light powerful like a mug, fuel injection, digital spedo all that cool shvit, did I mention its lighter than a mug :DD

[*]273593

hm. you think like me. a friend of mine had a gixxer1000. they are really light, but also really wide. I was wondering if the littlest gixxer would be narrower. I really don't want to go to a dealer and try one out just yet because I might buy something. :inot

those 600 gixxers these days are faster than hell :DD my 93 gixxer only had 98 hp or something ike that now the 600 has way more than that :DD

What makes me horney about that 1000 is its as light as a 600 but with all that power :inot bet its a helluva ride. a guy that works at the local honda dealer drives a new 1000 :what its funny seeing it parked outside the honda dealer :DD

have you seen the Exile bikes? I don't ride, but these bikes are bad ass...

http://www.exilecycles.com/fat_tracker.htm

[*]273591

Blech, those cant handle for crap with such a tall tire... How am I supposed to scrape my knee cap around curves?

you know... like this:

pic_1.jpg

[*]273598

It's better to look good than to feel good :inot

Guest tinterjim

My friend has the '03 version of the bike you have now, it has 700 miles on it. He wants $2500 I think. He's done some custom paint work, but never rode the damn thing :DD You have my # gimme a call if your interested :inot

My friend has the '03 version of the bike you have now, it has 700 miles on it.  He wants $2500 I think. He's done some custom paint work, but never rode the damn thing :DD    You have my # gimme a call if your interested :DD

[*]273641

Wow! That sounds like a deal!!

The only thing is... it's exactly the same bike as what I have. And I mean exactly. they didn't change the EX500 that whole time. :what

That's kind of why it didn't bother me that my bike was so old... it didn't /look/ like an old bike.

If I get a new bike, I want something different.

:inot

Guest tinterjim

I was thinking of getting it for myself just to putter around on. :DD The way gas prices are it wouldn't be bad to run to and from work on. :inot

Archived