WINDOW TINT QUOTES

Never do window tinting yourself... unless you do it professionally of course. Im almost positive that most of us that attempted the self window tinting thing completely screw it up. Im begining to think that the company that puts the self window tint out knows that there is no way in hell a non professional can do it, and thats why they sell it so cheap, and laugh all the way to the bank for selling you 13 bucks worth of plastic wrap. Your better off keeping your sandwitch fresh with that stuff. at least you will feel somewhat achieved =)

:inot

begining to think that the company that puts the self window tint out knows that there is no way in hell a non professional can do it, and thats why they sell it so cheap, and laugh all the way to the bank for selling you 13 bucks worth of plastic wrap

egglick

Regular Infantry

Reply 2 of 16

Viewed 241 times

Yeah...I'll eventually put some tint on my Mazda 3, but I would never even consider attempting it myself. I'm all for building your own computers, installing your own car stereos, etc.....but window tint? No.

There's nothing that looks worse than a bad tint job, especially if it looks purple. You could put bad purple tint on a Rolls Royce and it will look like a $800 piece of crap from south of the border. (no offense to anyone)

But yeah....take your car in to get tinted. They do it for a living and probably use much higher quality materials, in addition to having the right tools

BWAHAHAHAHA

You could put bad purple tint on a Rolls Royce and it will look like a $800 piece of crap from south of the border. (no offense to anyone)

FS-Pongky

Field Marshall

I've never had a good experience with them.  This is my 2nd time around trying to install them... the first time was kind of a disaster, did the back 2 windows and the rear glass, which was a pain - but that car was sold already.  I just don't know how the pros install these so well.  I hate flimsy large, clunky things (such as ironing bed sheets, yikes!) .. and on top of that, you need to have sudsy soapy water everywhere on it, to make it stick, but if it is wet,it won't stick too well.. ugh.

So, today I tried it again, against my better judgment.  Spent $13 or so for some 'reusable' tinting, that even being held up to the light, already shows that it's kind of grainy and not so clear.  Yuck.  So, I started installing it on the front left window.... wind blowing, soapy goop everywhere, tint itself flailing, me making bad cuts with a semi-blunt x-acto knife.  Let me sum it up for you, it looks SO bad (even at night) with all the bubbles and bad cuts, I just tore it off again (after it has been in place) because I just knew it would look 10x worse during the day and would last a week at the most.

It is now in the garbage heap, along with the unused portion of the tint.  Thanks for wasting my 1 hour and $13.  This is definitely for the pros (and worth the $40 or so per window).

Guest tinterjim

My cousin called me and said that her boyfriend "tinted" her brand new Mazda 6. :inot Thru the sobs I could make out her screaming for my help. :DD I'm doing it saturday and I told her to be sure and bring "idiotboy" with her :DD

Archived