Anyone tint a new Mercedes CLS yet?

Guest Litespeeds

Guest Tint Wiz

Me got my second one on Friday , first one stripped the shelf out that bugger was so tight against the glass so will see how tight the next one is , the sides are so easy just slid the tint down :spit

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Tint Wiz

This is my 2nd one and stripped it out again did not have the time to struggle by leaving the shelf in :lol6 next one will try to tint it in place next time sorry

post-74-1137445383.jpg

Guest tintchic
Thought I'd post here first as most people don't surf the auto forum.? We had a brand new 2005 Mercedes CLS which is a 4 door sedan that we tried to tint but couldn't figure out how to get the rear deck lid off.? That back lid almost presses onto the back glass and we can't get any tools between the lid and glass.? What a nightmare.? Right now I am trying to get the schematics for the rear deck lid removal so we can tackle this job.? If anyone out there has done one, please help.? Thanks.

[*]274146

Hey, I've done plenty so far, its not easy, but you have to use the slim foot tool to get below the brake light. I use the sideswiper tool to push the deck down, then I use the slim foot to squeegy the film below the brake light. I dont think its worth taking out the deck!!

If you have any questions please call me. Tom

[*]274291

Yeah, I agree with the slim foot..................I work at a Mercedes dealership everyday and the first cls I did, yikes, we took the back seat out to remove the deck.....what a nightmare thast was!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't recommend it, lost money that day. :krazy

Archived