Jump to content

Damn my allergies are kickin it today...

Recommended Posts

Guest pmuzik

have no clue if this works but I found it looking for some relief for the misses but she's to wimpy to try it :dunno

#1 Natural Remedies to Cure Allergies

Ah yes, allergies... Thanks to the constantly degrading condition of the environment, more and more people are getting chronic allergies. Pharmaceutical companies are, of course, capitalizing on this fact. And from constantly fighting allergies we are now seeing an enormous rise in the instances of sinus infections, asthma attacks, lung disease and so on.

If you are prone to getting allergies, be careful of the over-the-counter and prescription medications. This list can include pain relievers with Ibuprofen, Acetaminophen and all allergy medications.

We have discovered that these sinus medications can stress the liver unduly, creating more mucous in the body as the liver fights to detox from the medications. So instead of helping with sinus conditions, these sinus prescriptions can actually exacerbate them!

One sign of a stressed system is that the mucous gets thicker and more yellow in color. A test you can do to monitor whether your body is having a hard time processing an allergy medication or pain reliever is to note the color of your mucous before you take the medication and then after. (Note: you can only do this if you aren't already on a pain reliever or allergy medication.) If your mucous is clear, you have allergies. (Note: clear mucous can also be indicative of a virus.) If, within 12 hours of taking a medication, you notice that your mucous is getting thicker, then your body is having a difficult time processing the medication you just took. Moreover, if you are prone to getting sinus infections, be forewarned this is an early warning signal of an impending sinus infection. The time frame from allergy to sinus infection is a very quick one, so you must take action quickly.

Read more about curing sinus infections.


Remedy # 1: Organic Apple Cider Vinegar

Reader Feedback: 70 Yea, 2 Nay

Apple Cider Vinegar is hands down our favorite remedy for stopping most allergies like pollen, dander, dust, animals food, etc. We aren't kidding! We wish more people knew about this amazing home remedy for allergies.

We have found that when apple cider vinegar is taken either as a daily tonic or at the first sign of an allergy (I.e., sinus headache, stuffy nose, watery eyes), one can completely stop the histamine response or allergic reaction.

There are a couple ways you can drink apple cider vinegar. One way is to put 1/8th cup ACV in 16 oz of water and sip it throughout the day. The other method is to gulp the mixture at once. Depends on your preference, really! Sometimes you just have to take this dosage once to stop the allergy and sometimes you need to take it up to three times a day. If taken at the onset of symptoms, allergies will usually disappear between 1 -3 hours after taking the first dose of Apple Cider Vinegar. If you've been experiencing allergies for a day or more, your symptoms will disappear after about 24 hours. If they don't, make sure you continue to take water/vinegar mixture for several days!

We do not find Apple Cider Vinegar Tablets or Capsules to be effective whatsoever in curing allergies, but let us know if you've had better luck!

WARNING -- Apple Cider Vinegar ruins enamel on teeth!!

Please be very careful about this. We are grateful that Dr. Yong, a dentist from London, wrote to us recently elucidating the subject:

Dr. Yong writes, "Warning - Taking cider vinegar by sipping it during the day may very well help cure some of these allergies, however, it will ruin the enamel on the teeth to such an extent that it may be lost entirely. As dentist I have seen the effects of regular acid intake whether it be carbonated water or a natural acid like lemon juice - yes very cleansing to the system, but a disaster in the mouth. It leads to very costly mouth rehabilitation which can cost thousands of pounds. The first thing patients will usually notice is yellowing of the teeth and sensitivity as the enamel is lost. I am very much into holistic medicine and am training as a homoeopath so understand when people wish to look for alternatives to self cure, however be aware that regular intake of vinegars and other acids will have deleterious oral effects!"

Earth Clinic's suggestions:

1. Never drink ACV straight... always drink it well diluted with water.

2. Immediately rinse your mouth well with water after drinking ACV.

3. Do not drink it in combination with anything sweet like honey, juice or Gatorade. We have the feeling the combination is lethal on the teeth.

4. Drink ACV with a straw at the back of the throat slowly. The trick is to not let the liquid touch your teeth.


Recipe 2 TBLSPOONS (1/8th cup) of organic ACV in 4 oz of H2O, up to 3x/day. Increase amount as necessary being careful to note if heartburn caused. If heartburn, drink milk and lots of water. Our favorite brand of Apple Cider Vinegar is Bragg. Trader Joe's makes a nice organic brand. If Organic is difficult to find in your area, try a name brand like Heinz Apple Cider Vinegar. A more bitter taste, but it still works!



Strong taste. Also, some apple cider vinegar brands are very acidic, causing heartburn and yeast infections in women. A mild brand of Apple Cider Vinegar can actually cure yeast infections, however. Odd, no?

his works but I found it looking for some relief for the misses but she's to wimpy to try it :dunno

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Great post Paul, also, I'd recommend to stop using flouride and check your foods for aluminum products, avoid them at all costs.

Nicotine can protect you from the aluminum, but you should stop using aluminum products entirely. Under arm deodorant is a major source of aluminum and propalene glycol, both of which are poisonous.

Stop using standard hair conditioners as well, they contain many toxic components.

All of these environmental insults to the body weaken your immune system and leave you susceptible to allergens.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You may want to test your ph. If you are acidic, you will be more susceptible to allergies. Oddly enough, apple cider vinegar, lemon etc, even though they are acidic, in your body, they bring about an alkaline state. Most people are far too acidic, which accounts for the body being out of balance, and when pollens enter into the picture, because the body is already taxed by being in an overly acidic state, it can't handle fighting off the pollen and puts your body in an allergic state. Acidic foods are: Most meats, and grains and some fruit. As a guide, fruits and veggies are less likely to be acidic than most. You can do a simple ph test with a urine test strip. Has to used first thing in the am. Should read around 7 to be ideal. Lots of people will be in the 5's which opens up the body to lots of problems. Incidentally, cancer cannot and does not live in an alkaline state. Not that the issue here is cancer, just want to mention the importance of acidic/alkaline balance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well I bought some Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar :uh

Here is a recipe the lady at the health food store gave me.

Make a cup of green tea, add 2 TBS of Bragg Vinegar, and 2tsp of local honey. Drink 2 to three times a day and my symtoms should start to disappear in 24 to 48hrs :DD

Link to comment
Share on other sites


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Create New...