Suntek?? Any good

Guest creedog

Guest creedog

Please, I need expert advise. Local tint shop offered to tint my 99 mustang for $140 using suntek film. Is suntek a good film? He only offers a 3 year warranty, should I be worried about that?

A shop near my work uses lumar, offers a lifetime warrently for $199. Should I just go with this guy.

Any opinions....

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Tint Bird
Please, I need expert advise. Local tint shop offered to tint my 99 mustang for $140 using suntek film. Is suntek a good film? He only offers a 3 year warranty, should I be worried about that?

A shop near my work uses lumar, offers a lifetime warrently for $199. Should I just go with this guy.

Any opinions....

[*]278714

There is nothing wrong with the SunTek film the reason why you have only been offerd a 3 year warrenty is because it is a 3year Standerd film which means it is dyed NOT a metalised film you can get a High performance range in the SunTek and with that you would get a lifetime warranty.

From Experience I would say use SunTek

Guest creedog

Any opinions....

[*]278714

There is nothing wrong with the SunTek film the reason why you have only been offerd a 3 year warrenty is because it is a 3year Standerd film which means it is dyed NOT a metalised film you can get a High performance range in the SunTek and with that you would get a lifetime warranty.

From Experience I would say use SunTek

[*]278721

Are metalised films not perfered now-a-days?

I live in the sunny south, should I not worry about fade from a dyed tint?

Will the metalisized be my best bet?

[*]278757

how long do you plan to keep the car? I am in hot texas we just sold my moms car that I tinted when it was new in 96 no break down no purple :trustme

Guest metint
I live in the sunny south, should I not worry about fade from a dyed tint?

Will the metalisized be my best bet?

[*]278757

how long do you plan to keep the car? I am in hot texas we just sold my moms car that I tinted when it was new in 96 no break down no purple :lol6

[*]278760

What type of film was on it... Straight-dyed, Dye/metal hybrid or all metal?

I'm sorry... I know I'm better off staying out of this-film-that-film comparisons, but :lol6 please don't say it was a Suntek product. :trustme