My windows are now.... very, very hot!

Guest nocalhomeowner

Guest nocalhomeowner

Nothing to apologize for. When using the internet one should have a (relatively) thick skin. [both ways, right, guys?]

Anyway, now you have peaked my interest.

What WOULD the best way to go be if interested in maximum heat reduction? I still have many, many windows and sliders to go and those rolls of Gila are returnable!

Thanks

George

Guest nocalhomeowner

I want the heat reduction to be maximum. I suppose if that meant something which is so dark it might as well be covered in a dark wood then that would have to be a "non-option."

I've already reconciled to having reflective surfaces when the inside light is less bright than the outside light, so I don't think reflectiveness is an issue.

You mentioned that GILA is not the way to go. Assuming the same level of reflectiveness/light/dark as GILA Platinum, what *would* be the best way to go? Let's call that recommendation "A". Given "A" as a baseline, is there another option which dramatically improves the heat reduction but only marginally decreases the light that passes through?

Thanks

George

Madico or another company I cant be sure right now, there is a 20% GOLD/SILVER real effective as far as blocking light coming in and heat reduction , I have it on my own home, but I didnt get it from MADICO, it was from an XXXX company, I would go with that, or you can go with the HUPER OPTIK films were you dont have to hvae a dark shade and still have the maximum heat reduction, but be sure to spend a pretty penny