Reverse Rolling on Rollups How?

Guest chip01

Guest chip01

Can some one simply explain step by step in doing reverse rolling on rollup windows.

Am a correct in saying that a lot of people get far less contam this way. I have been having issues with installing rear rollups with sliding the fim into the channels this may be my answer as well as eliminating contam.

Just a few questions?

Do alot of people use this technique over the traditional technique of pulling the liner all off and spraying down then installing.

I have seen other peoples tint jobs at the local BMW dealership and it is mint on rollups with hardly any contam I need to get to this stage as well as increasing the time I am doing jobs, I hope this is the answer.

I'm not a reverse roller-I think thats a back glass technique-I dont see how you could gain anything trying to rev roll a side glass!Your handling technique is probably the key-its really hard to diagnose the problem without seeing you work-but at least you care-so dont give up!ss :shoot1

I pull most of the liner off and flush the bottom of the window a whole lot. THen I install that last part. This solved that for me. Try taping the seals, I use that blue masking tape. It works for felt seals too. Also, the conquerer squegee is good for a final swipe down the sides during cleaning.

Guest Jason
I pull most of the liner off and flush the bottom of the window a whole lot. THen I install that last part. This solved that for me. Try taping the seals, I use that blue masking tape. It works for felt seals too. Also, the conquerer squegee is good for a final swipe down the sides during cleaning.

[*]291001

ditto, except I use a small yellow squeege I chopped down on an angle to clean the bottom section before I tuck it in. (remember to re wet). Other than that... practice.

Guest chip01

This still doesn't really help me can you make it simple and go step by step cuz it is hard to understand!

Either the reverse roll technique on rollups or leaving the liner on.

I don't understand how you can leave the liner on can you explain this as well

thanks in advance

Chip,

2 things:

1) Tape off felt areas to keep the contamination down.

2) There is no method which instantly solves problems like this... it takes a lot of practice to understand how to handle each situation properly. No one can TELL you how to do it, you've got to practice, practice, practice.

:cooldot

Chip,

2 things:

1) Tape off felt areas to keep the contamination down.

2) There is no method which instantly solves problems like this... it takes a lot of practice to understand how to handle each situation properly. No one can TELL you how to do it, you've got to practice, practice, practice.

[*]291075

Guest ///M AZING

To get little to no gap, I unrolled the side window attached the film to the top, went across it with a hard card, then rolled the window back up and did the film the rest of the way down.

I am a new guy and so far am self taught, with the help from this forum. Am I going about this right or is there another way you would suggest to avoid the gap? Thanks.

Archived