B&D Heat Gun grenading

Does anyone know what goes out on the cheap B&D orange heat guns right before they blow up? Right before it smokes, it speeds up like when a governor breaks on a lawn mower. Within seconds it dies, never to spin and heat again. Obviously there is some type of limiter that goes bad. If I could replace that limiter every month or so I wouldn't be buying so many dang heat guns. I actually don't drop it very ofter. I have exhaust pipe mounted to the wall that I hang the gun on when I am not using it. Keeps it from hitting the floor every time I catch the cord with my foot. Hopefully there is an electronics wizard on here that can help me out.

:dunno

Guest tintgod

get a craftman at sears..they are 100 buck ...but they last 3-4 yrs or more..the one I had gave my a run of four year..before I ran it over...great heat guns :dunno

Guest shattered
$19.00 heatguns are like $69.00 tint jobs.

Buy a Porter Cable.

[*]291777

:spit I sure hope you are not saying that if you use a 19.00 gun you do 69.00 tint jobs :nope

I got the cheap Wagner and its going on 2 years and counting. :spit

I'd clone it bro. :evilgrin

Seriously, I just like good tools.

I do think that the lower end ones are more easily damaged by fluctuations in voltage or some such cause.

I believe the technical explanations is that when a device receives inadequate voltage that the amperage drawn spikes sharply upward hence exceeding it stated specs.

I've been wrong before.

Guest metint
I'd clone it bro. :evilgrin

Seriously, I just like good tools.

I do think that the lower end ones are more easily damaged by fluctuations in voltage or some such cause.

I believe the technical explanations is that when a device receives inadequate voltage that the amperage drawn spikes sharply upward hence exceeding it stated specs.

I've been wrong before.

[*]292089

Lot of truth in your belief...

Hook it to the wrong rating of an extention cord and you have power problems... including the length of cord used. :lol

I got the cheap Wagner and its going on 2 years and counting.?

Have the Milwaukee cheapy being phased out to the Wagner cheapy, even though they are made by the same company. Milwaukee cheapy now has a temp governor that trips it off during use or after it has been shut off, not allowing it to cut on until it has cooled. Wagner cheapy does not have this feature.

I took the Milwaukee apart and found the temp switch and removed the trigger mechanism and the gun has not kicked off since. :gay

Guest zolar

I have destroyed so many heat guns, it is sickening. I have one that has been my 'ole standby for years, without incident, my 1 speed paint-strippin' wagner el-cheapo. They are'nt even made anymore.

I am considiring a Master Appliance, I use some of thier other tools, with great service.

Has anyone used a Master Appliance for film?

Is it worth the $$, or will I have another dead heat gun in a few months?

Z

Archived