Check it MDog

Z71Sierra

View my photo gallery

tint help

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I tried to tint my windows in my truck, I followed the instructions on the box and it looked so crappy that I just ripped it off, I really want to tint my windows but can't afford professional tint and have to do it myself. any advice?

Z71Sierra

View Public Profile

Send a private message to Z71Sierra

Find More Posts by Z71Sierra

Add Z71Sierra to Your Buddy List

06-19-2005, 09:53 PM #2

1badgmc

wow

View my photo gallery

Re: tint help

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The first thing I'd recommend is not buying the crappy stuff from Wal-Mart or the parts store. Stop by a pro shop and see if they'll sell you some of their good stuff. The film the pros use will lay down a lot smoother and easier than the cheapo crap.

'91 GMC Sportside

'99 GMC Yukon

1badgmc

View Public Profile

Send a private message to 1badgmc

Visit 1badgmc's homepage!

Find More Posts by 1badgmc

Add 1badgmc to Your Buddy List

06-19-2005, 11:42 PM #3

LJ93Z28GM

View my photo gallery

The cheap crap at the stores can be made to work but takes patience and time.

First off explain how you tried to do it.

Proper way is to clean the inside really well, the crap they sell to clean works well at removing old film glue and crud.

From the outside of the vehicle spray the window you want to work on with a solution of baby shampoo and water. Do not peel it apart yet but Place the tint on the window and smooth out using-- a bondo applicator works really well. Trim accordingly.

Next take the solution and and spray in the inside of the window, start to seperate the tint and spray it with the solution as you are pulling it apart, carefully place it on the window without crinkling it.

from there use the bondo blade to smooth out the tint and get rid of the solution as you squeeze it out. Catch it with a towel on the edges so that it does not seep back in to create more bubbles.

Just keep working it and be careful to take your time. I have tinted probably about twenty cars with crappy tint. just the side windows since they are flat, a truck should be pretty easy since the windows are flat. It is the rear windows on cars that get rough. My camaro rear window was a nightmare.

LJ93Z28GM

View Public Profile

Send a private message to LJ93Z28GM

Find More Posts by LJ93Z28GM

Add LJ93Z28GM to Your Buddy List

06-19-2005, 11:48 PM #4

Meziked-Z71

Yeah, I'v got nothing

View my photo gallery

Man, let me tell you.. sure you can make the genric stuff work.... or you can buy the good stuff and try it that way. But after I ruined 4 rolls of tint, broke both of my rain gaurds taking the windows out (last attempt, though it would be easier), and chipped the paint down to the primer in 5 places on both doors... I wish I would have dropped the 75 bucks and had them do it....

Chitty part is, I still dont have tint.

Graco racing seat, 12v bottel warmer and blanket.

Baby on-board caution stickers.....

Meziked-Z71

View Public Profile

Send a private message to Meziked-Z71

Send email to Meziked-Z71

Find More Posts by Meziked-Z71

Add Meziked-Z71 to Your Buddy List

06-19-2005, 11:52 PM #5

BigRed97

97 Chevy

View my photo gallery

How much do parts and materials cost to do it yourself? And how much time? I just got my front windows done again and at the place I go, it cost me $60 for any darkness I wanted. Limo tint= $60, 35%= $60. I however went with the 15% just because the limo is too dark and my sides are 15%.

http://www.fullsizechevy.com/forums...tid=15347&stc=1

BigRed97

View Public Profile

Send a private message to BigRed97

Find More Posts by BigRed97

Add BigRed97 to Your Buddy List

Today, 02:44 AM #6

LJ93Z28GM

View my photo gallery

you can get a roll of tint for like 10 bucks and it should cover two windows. Takes about 30-45 minutes to do a window.

I just do not like people touching my vehicles.

LJ93Z28GM

View Public Profile

Send a private message to LJ93Z28GM

Find More Posts by LJ93Z28GM

Add LJ93Z28GM to Your Buddy List

Today, 02:46 AM #7

1badgmc

wow

View my photo gallery

Quote:

Originally Posted by LJ93Z28GM

you can get a roll of tint for like 10 bucks and it should cover two windows. Takes about 30-45 minutes to do a window.

I just do not like people touching my vehicles.

Yeah, that $10 roll of tint will fade and turn purple before you know it. I have a friend who is a pro tint installer and he does all my rides.

'91 GMC Sportside

'99 GMC Yukon

1badgmc

View Public Profile

Send a private message to 1badgmc

Visit 1badgmc's homepage!

Find More Posts by 1badgmc

Add 1badgmc to Your Buddy List

Is the last guy your friend who you do all his rides? He is from your home town! :beer This is from a Chevy truck fourm, sorry about the crappy way I posted, but I suck on the computer!

I asked the guy form WF on that site who he used and its a guy I taught at ALTAMERE. He registered a username here months ago and never posted again after his introduction. Mabey he saw me and didnt want to post after that :evilgrin

HELL I`m just the TINT DADDY of WF, whats there to be skurrrred about :lol :gay

Guest zolar

I am skurrrred of tornadoes, and bondo spreadin, purple tint creasin' bubblelicious hacks.

just pay respect to The Tint Daddy, WF Tx. ..............or be goated

Z

I am skurrrred of tornadoes, and bondo spreadin, purple tint creasin' bubblelicious hacks.

just pay respect to The Tint Daddy, WF Tx. ..............or be goated

Z

[*]292664

GOATED :lol6

Archived