If this law passes Suv and Mini vans with factory tint will also be affected

You may want to call to oppose the bill#1687

585-454-3670

518-455-5606

718-370-1384

518-455-5526

Legislative Alert

To: Manufacturers, Distributors, and New York Dealers/Installers

Subject: New York Legislation (Assembly Bill 1687)

Date: June 22, 2005

On February 7, 2005 we alerted you to the re-introduction of Assembly Bill 1687 (Gantt). There is a strong possibility that Assembly Bill 1687 will pass the House before the close of the session. This bill would restrict the light transmittance on all windows of all vehicles to 70% including SUVs. This will effectively outlaw all aftermarket window film and every new SUV for sale in New York.

The Legislative Consultant has been working with Assemblyman Cusick to develop legislation that will create an environment that ensures the safety of New York?s law enforcement officers and allows for the continued operation of legal window tinting businesses. Assemblyman Gantt?s office has been informed of the strides taken to reach an agreement, but he is likely to pursue AB 1687 despite our efforts.

It is imperative that every member in New York contacts their legislator immediately (Both Assemblymen and Senators) to inform them of the harm this bill could do to our industry and the automotive industry as a whole. It is important to remind them of the benefits of legal window film and the impact this legislation will have on your business.

If you have any questions, please contact the IWFA Legislative Consultant at (804) 643-4433.

To find contact information for your assemblyman or senator, please go to the following Web sites:

http://assembly.state.ny.us/

http://www.senate.state.ny.us/senatehomepa...f/home?openform

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Al-tint

"This will effectively outlaw all aftermarket window film and every new SUV for sale in New York."

There is no way in hell that the automakers are going to let that happen to SUV's. There is 20 million people in NY State.

Guest shattered

Hey outlaw tint on SUV's if this happens maybe the auto makers will put clear glass in everything. NY are you willing to take one for the team? Just kidding :dunno

Guest metint

Unfortunately for your request Johnny... only resident tinters of NY State, the distributors and manu's affected will have a say in this... legislators do not recognize voices outside their respective States or voting block.

Manu's, distributors and member tinters are more than likely represented by legal counsel for the IWFA and may well be the person being spoke of in the memo.

I could be wrong, but this is how I understand it... :dunno

Rant begins...

This really sucks... it's a lame excuse, the protection of law enforcement... :lol2 Any officer dim-witted enough to place themselves in harms way without aid from others deserves the consequences of such a moronic act... they protect themselves when approaching a place of residence, a place of business, a boat or ship, a cargo hauling truck, railroad cars, buses, motor homes... get my drift.

They find a kid in Utah after fives day and could have found him sooner save the teaching of not talking to strangers... they take away window film only to find that officers will still approach a car without knowing for sure whether or not there is someone in wait on the floorboard with a shot gn to blast 'em.

Where the phuck is the risk in living life anymore? Seems as though society in general has lost its zeal for the risks that life presents.... especially in this over-protective, value life at the utmost, with a friggin god complex of a country the US has become. No wonder we're fast becoming what the rest of the world speaks of... fanaticism of another form.

Rant over...

:lol2

Right on Metint. I agree 100%. What the hell ever happened to personal responsibility? Someday they will outlaw s*x, as it creates stupid people, that may hurt themselves in some form or another.

Guest VOLTRON

if they want to better protect police officers then do away with guns because that is the culprit not the window tint.

If they outlaw fire arms then they wouldnt have to worry about the protection of thier police officers.

Guest zolar

As if the Georgia tint witch-hunt is not bad enough

I will personally call all 4 numbers tomorrow and loudly oppose this stupid bill.

I am sick of this thinly cloaked police-state B.S.

There is a lot of difference in 5% or dark mirror, and factory tint, but 70%, they are mocking our industry!

There are police protocols in place for limited visibility issues. "DRIVER, GET ON THE GROUND!!!"....etc

No wonder the police can't see, they are looking through 3-5% film on thier ride :hide

I wish I could ticket all the !llegal cars & Suv's owned by the officers,

Do something productive lawmakers, OUTLAW CHEAP PURPLE FILM !!!

70% = 100% BULLCRAP!

Z

if they want to better protect police officers then do away with guns because that is the culprit not the window tint.

If they outlaw fire arms then they wouldnt have to worry about the protection of thier police officers.

[*]292569

That's just not true at all. Where they ban guns, the crime rate skyrockets, because only the criminals have guns. They are !llegal in DC and look what happened there, then they banned them in Jersey and now the murd3r rate is twice as high. In Kennesaw (sp) Georgia they mandated that each household MUST have a gun and the crime rate dropped to nothing. When guns are outlawed, only the law abiding people don't have them. Criminals don't obey the laws (they are criminals) so banning guns only disarms law abiding citizens, and only criminals have them and with nothing to fear.

Archived