My first car :)

Well.... I'm no pro but I've managed to get the D/P and the two smaller windows in a wopping 8 hours on a 02 Grand-Am 2-Door. :krazy OMG this is the most frustrating task I've ever encountered. I proably did alot more that I needed to but I took the whole door pannel off and took all the window seals out. Was easier for me cause I kept getting contamination in the doors and took me 5 tries before I said Fuh-k It. I attempted the back window with the shrinking and totaly fubared that up with major creases. I've wasted a ton of film, but hey... thats what learning curves are for. I'm not giving up though, I had a blast doing it still, even thought its about 110 degree's in my garage cause its 94 outside. Fortunately I have a pool and I've been taking 2 min breaks to jump in it to get all the sweat off me then start back up again on the car.

OK, off to attempt the back glass again, see you in 3-4 hours :beer

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, BTW... I've been using the film-on stuff that I got with all my tint but it seams to dry up and not allow me to move the film very much once I get it on the window. I know its due to the heat/humidity in the garage. Should I increase the saturation of the Film-On or should I dump it and go with the J&J Baby Shampoo that I bought just in case? If I go with the J&J, how much do I put in the 2 quart sprayers?

Thx

I don't actually measure out my slip solution. Did you try using a higher concentration of Film-On to account for the higher temps?

When using J&J with a two-quart bottle, I would just squirt about 1.5" of the J&J in the bottle, then fill with clean water. By 1.5", I mean what you visibly see squirting out of the top of the J&J bottle, NOT 1.5" on the bottom of your two-quart bottle!

Guest tintgod
managed to get the D/P and the two smaller windows in a wopping 8 hours on a 92 Grand-Am 2-Door.? OK, off to attempt the back glass again, see you in 3-4 hours? :krazy

post pictures please :beer

[*]293155

just take a look at one of yours ..it will most likely look like that.. :beer

managed to get the D/P and the two smaller windows in a wopping 8 hours on a 92 Grand-Am 2-Door.? OK, off to attempt the back glass again, see you in 3-4 hours? :wall

post pictures please :wall

[*]293155

I have been taking pictures but I cant post them, I dont have privileges.

Oh, BTW, I'm on my 3rd film for the back glass, I keep creasing the film, =( Totaly loosing my Arse on this one, but its ok, its for a friend and I'm learning.

Archived