Are you a professional?

I've been on this forum for a while now and realize that a bunch of the posts are from people looking for detailing advice. I wanna know which members are detailing for a living? Lets here from you.

I am intersted in how people got into detailing, are you the owner, number of employees, full time detailer or on the side, why the heck you still detail?

I have been at it full time for 10 years now and would like to hear some other peoples stories.

we do detailing as a side to window tint and auto performance.  one day had one of my customers come in looking for a job...said he could detail, so I gave him a try and since then we have been offering it to our customers.

[*]295358

Yeah, I do detailing for friends and references, I got started with a steamer that I purchased, and moved into some touch-up work for cars my employees scratched. I learned to use a high speed, and now I do a couple a week. People know I am very meticulous, so they don't mind paying me good for my work, and I don't let them down.

Guest tmd325

I started out doing neighbors and friends vehicles around 3yrs. ago and it mushroomed from there. I do it part time and I have a fulltime job where I drive tractor-trailers 10 days a month.I enjoy detailing because I can see the results and the customers are pleased in what I do.That's the best reward of all, satisfying the customer were they keep coming back.It's not the quanity, it's the quality. :dunno If it keeps on I might start looking for some help. That's my short story.Solareclipes thanks again on that carnubba plus .I did a Blk.Grand National it came out great. :hmmm:cool:hmmm

Guest hawkinschevcadillac
I've been on this forum for a while now and realize that a bunch of the posts are from people looking for detailing advice. I wanna know which members are detailing for a living? Lets here from you.

I am intersted in how people got into detailing, are you the owner, number of employees, full time detailer or on the side, why the heck you still detail?

I have been at it full time for 10 years now and would like to hear some other peoples stories.

[*]295354

Started out on my own out of my parents garage, got a job at a dealership, been there ever since (4 years). There's only three of us out in our shop and we're constantly swamped. The guy I work for has been doing this for like 12 years. All three of us are full time. The majority of our vehicles are private customers believe it or not, although we do a lot of cars for the dealership. Once we started advertising for private cars there hasn't been a week where I've worked less than 50 hours...god life is good.

Guest AutoAppearancesInc

I started parttime in 1998. Then last June 2004, I left my 22 year computer programming career and dove in fulltime. I do more then just detailing. But most of my business is detailing.

I miss the big bucks I was making, but I am very happy.

Archived