DreamWeaver HELP

I am tring to take over editing my friends website for his band. I have never used DREAMWEAVER before and I need to know where to enter the server web adress, the bands web site, and the password. Anyone have any ideas.

Guest darkdan

It's amazing the type of support offered when the program is purchased. =)

Otherwise, www.barnesandnoble.com

dreamweaver used to be really simple back in the day (omfg, wysiwyg). Nowadays, it's more geared towards professionals. There are better programs out there for DIYers.

Guest zolar

Dreamweaver is pretty complex for anyone wanting a fast easy processs.

I.E. Band page

It is geared for pro sites, Cold Fusion, or ASP server-side scripting (shopping carts, etc...)

It does a great job with DHTML, and pre-loaded roll-overs, javascript, and advanced stuff.

I still edit most everything in Notepad anyway.

Try MS Word, and download the HTML Filter plugin from MS, to remove the VML markup,

and streamline the code.

If you must use dreamweaver to learn, the tutorials and lessons are very informative.

Z

It's amazing the type of support offered when the program is purchased.  =)

Otherwise, www.barnesandnoble.com

dreamweaver used to be really simple back in the day (omfg, wysiwyg).  Nowadays, it's more geared towards professionals.  There are better programs out there for DIYers.

[*]296481

:bling It's not a burnt copy. The guy that used to do the site updates is just unreliable. I thought maybe someone here was an expert and could provide some quick answers. I?m not exactly a DIYer, but I have no experience with DreamWeaver.

Guest zolar

In Dreamweaver MX the "site" tab has options to set up, or edit server settings. You must set up local folders and ftp settings, or it will default to " New site 1, New site 2, etc....

........or

You can preview any page in a browser, and save it as.... "Web Page Complete" and name your page "index.htm"

ftp the index page and the folder "Index files" to the server.

ctrl+F5 to refresh your browser to the new page, and TA-DA.....new page

you can use any FTP client to upload files and folders to the server

Z

I use dreamweaver for My Webpage. I create my pages, save them to my hard drive, then open up IE, go to My Webpage, then delete the H in http:// and replace it with an F for fttp://

I then can go up to File-->Login as...

Insert username

Insert pasword

Then onced logged in you'll see an open directory where I just drag and drop my webpages from my hard drive into the website. If I have to set permissions to anything for use of CGI scripts then I just right click and go to properties, set permissions and save.

Archived