Ferrari Superamerica

Guest SSC

subject has been beaten to death, I know...

Just read in the new Car and Driver (Aug 2005 issue), the Ferrari Superamerica (glass top convt version of the 575M Maranello) has a glass top is that is electrochromic. It's got five settings from nearly clear blue to very dark blue. Driver uses a knob on the center console to adjust it. According to C and D, you can still see through the darkest blue.

There are 170 of them headed to the US, they're all sold, and it doesn't matter because they're $305,000 - 315,000.

I know this has been put on buildings & used as an internal divider in limos and other custom built cars, but didn't think it had been put on a production car's external glass before now.

subject has been beaten to death, I know...

Just read in the new Car and Driver (Aug 2005 issue), the Ferrari Superamerica (glass top convt version of the 575M Maranello) has a glass top is that is electrochromic. It's got five settings from nearly clear blue to very dark blue. Driver uses a knob on the center console to adjust it. According to C and D, you can still see through the darkest blue.

There are 170 of them headed to the US, they're all sold, and it doesn't matter because they're $305,000 - 315,000.

I know this has been put on buildings & used as an internal divider in limos and other custom built cars, but didn't think it had been put on a production car's external glass before now.

[*]296750

I read the same thing on the web somewhere a few months back. Haven's seen it in person yet, I'm sure Ferrari will have one at SEMA this year...

I've never seen on in person either, I cant wait to, so I critize how dumb it is.....you think they make $$$$$ selling 300K cars, but at the same time they are trying to k!ll us and take away what we do....damn bastards....

Guest tinterjim
bet their insurance company would love to hear they broke their glass top :bling

[*]296772

:hmmm They might just total it out. Don't want to pay for the glass :bling

I posted a pic a few months back and no one was worried then :bling

[*]296808

it's not something to be worried about... the car is $315,000... if your core customer base is $315,000 cars, you can probably afford to expand your product offerings. until this kind of thing is factory on hyundais... *yawn*

plus the glass is blue. who wants blue?

I thought I would bring it up because since it was in a mainstream mag, the subject might come up on here.

Guest metint
I posted a pic a few months back and no one was worried then :bling

[*]296808

it's not something to be worried about... the car is $315,000... if your core customer base is $315,000 cars, you can probably afford to expand your product offerings. until this kind of thing is factory on hyundais... *yawn*

plus the glass is blue. who wants blue?

I thought I would bring it up because since it was in a mainstream mag, the subject might come up on here.

[*]296818

:bling Thanks go out to you, though, for bringing it out into the open for all to see... I don't read much at all unless in search of information so any info brought out here helps. :hmmm

And as we've all come to know... what happens with high cars has a tendency to trickle down to every day cars. Like you said... don't think it'll happen any time soon... :hmmm

Archived