Competition lying about warranties

Guest SlammedNiss

Guest SlammedNiss

OK, I'm co-owner of a shop that does window tinting and vinyl lettering. We were hanging some lettering at a newly-opened store, and I heard the owner tell the customer that the film they just installed in his car was a lifetime warranty, including fading and change-of-color. I walked into the installation bay, and asked the installer which films they were installing, and he told me they were selling ########## I asked him if they installed any #####, and he said nope, just the #####.

So, I'm a little pissed about it. I've been friends with the shop owner and the installer for a few years now, but I can't seem to shake this. I sell both the ###### and ####### myself, and that's one of my selling points for the #####. How can I compete when another shop is stating they are selling the same thing, for much less, when they really aren't??

What can I do? Should I call our distributor and play tattle-tale on them? Luckily they aren't in the phone book yet, so most of the work they are getting is from word-of-mouth.

its up to you to be able to sell the film at the price you want. you need to make your customer feel comfortable with the work you do and for the price you charge. dont worry about what other shops do and say it has nothing to do with your business. your quality of work and experience is gonna make you money and bring you more work

they are building their reputation now. if they are lying to customers to get jobs it WILL bite them in the butt later.

like solar says its your rep to be worried about. just dont stoop to their level.

you could look in to the diamond warranty program. then offer a no fault warranty and then you have even more options. :DD

Guest autotinter

just remember everyone gets what they deserve,just do your best, thats all u can control, shops like theirs come and go all the time,cheers

Archived