Glass Laser Testers

Guest big banana feet

Guest big banana feet

Going to get into flat glass and just looking for advice on testing glass any ideas from anyone would be great on testing equipment are they worth it :bat:bat if so what is the best to get for testing thickneses laminated, toughened :bat:bat:lol2:beer

There more than a show of professionalism here, it saves your butt from installing the wrong film on the wrong glass.

I did a quick search and found this.

My Webpage

These three are a good idea to have. Thickness gauge, tempered glass indicator, and a low-e coating detector.

The other great sales tool is a BTU meter.

Guest TintPoser
that's basically what we have.  :beer  it also helps to have a laser thermometer.

[*]298077

Oh ya I forgot about that one. That is a fine toy

[*]298101

The more gadgets, the better.

The one day that you have to push the limits of film and glass on one type of window or another, you will be glad you have it.

Laser thermometer, btu meter, low E detector, thickness and glass type meter and (if you do a lot of tint matching) a VLT meter is good as well.

Guest metint

Here... let me push some buttons and learn...

Nothing is more impressive as a professional than to be able to recognize glass type, thickness and IG or no IG without a crutch.

Pro or Po man's meters:

LowE and IG detector = a matchstick or butane lighter through reflection.

Thermometer = the hand senses

BTU = the face senses

UV = UV sensitive paper (marketing tool supplied by film distributor)

Tempered? = Stamp in corner required by law

Glass thickness = ingenious little credit card size item from days gone by that when placed against the glass at 45 degree angle will determine glass thickness through reflection... or eye the glass at the point where it enters the framing.

Guest DixieNormus
Glass thickness = ingenious little credit card size item from days gone by that when placed against the glass at 45 degree angle will determine glass thickness through reflection... or eye the glass at the point where it enters the framing.

I always wondered how those were supposed to work. :beer

Guest Key West
that's basically what we have. :DD it also helps to have a laser thermometer.

I use the laser thermometer over the BTU meter. When I get to an estimate, I measure the temp of an object being blasted by the sun, then put a peice of film up to cover that area. After my presentation, say "Lets see if this works" and re-take the temp. The differential is generally a great close to the sale :lol:DD

People have a hard time understanding BTU's per square foot per hour. They Understand Degrees Fahrenhiet!!!!

Archived