Yet another windshield question

Guest raja

Okay,

I have an 05 Infiniti G35X (Twilight Blue with a wheat interior). I got it tinted (20%) all around and (50%) on the windshield. However, I was an idiot :lol2 because I didn't take visibility into consideration at all (not that great). Add that to the fact that I just made my classy car look ghetto. What was I thinking...

Now that I have (mostly) come to my senses, I am getting the entire tint removed (only 2 months later) and what I would like to do is put the lightest tint on possible because I don't care about privacy; I just want heat to be blocked and I NEED perfect visibility since my eyes aren't 20/20. My tinter says he has HuperOptik ceramic 60. I have been reading a lot about VKOOL 70 also, which I don't think he has.

My question is, if I put 60% all around (windshield included) will I lose any visibility at night in the rain? Or will I get adequate heat protection from just doing the 4 windows and rear glass? Will the tint affect my view outside from the windows (not the just the windsheild)? Also, is a tint like that on the windshield noticeable from outside? :beer

By the way, I am more worried about a clean perfect job here than I am about cost.

Guest metint

Not only is the 20% on the front doors i11egal, but so is tinting the windshield with any film.

Keep it legal and not so self centered... and if you're ever involved in a car accident, your insurance company will pay. If the car does not meet State law for operation on the road, your insurance will not help you in an accident. Believe it or not, they too read this site and are taking notes.

What State did you say you were from?

Not only is the 20% on the front doors i11egal, but so is tinting the windshield with any film.

Keep it legal and not so self centered... and if you're ever involved in a car accident, your insurance company will pay. If the car does not meet State law for operation on the road, your insurance will not help you in an accident. Believe it or not, they too read this site and are taking notes.

What State did you say you were from?

[*]298438

I'm in NY

Guest Marco

[*]298438

This had always confused me..The IWFA law chart says, 70 for the windshield, does that mean it can be tinted as long as it's not under 70%? Of course I am in Ohio and never checked a different state but I have never heard anything about windshield tinting being !llegal around here. As far as someone being killed by hitting a windsheild..it can happen with or without tint and since it is !llegal to drive without a seatbelt, wouldn't it be the drivers fault anyway? You can't hit the windsheild bulcked up right?

I'm in NY

[*]298441

20% all around + winshield tinting = Cop magnet & no insurance coverage.

[*]298445

So far so good with cops. Have never been pulled over or ticketed for tint related stuff. Touch wood(trim in the car) :beer

Guest Guest

I'm in NY

[*]298441

20% all around + winshield tinting = Cop magnet & no insurance coverage.

[*]298445

So far so good with cops. Have never been pulled over or ticketed for tint related stuff. Touch wood(trim in the car) :beer

[*]298447

Let's get ugly.

It's people like yourself and the installer that succumbed to your request that has the NY legislators at this very moment in time discussing a rewrite of the tint law that will, if passed, outlaw any use of film on autos in that State.

Heat in NY? Arizona has heat! Get real!

60% on the windshield WILL impare your night vision at night and in the rain.

Don't ask me how I know.

[*]298461

That's all I needed to know to not do it.

Archived