Do You have an ideas to grow

I want to quit right now and find someting else :DD  to do.

[*]299499

same here dawg,

in state of denial, im way too burned in this business, I dont know how some guys on here do it, 20-30 years doing the same thing....im in my 20's and by the time I hit 30yrs old I will have 20 years experience :DD so....

I think its time for that hizzo house

Guest Olfablade

I've been doing this 20 plus years, and I agree with Jeff. Manufacturer's have shot themselves in the foot. No mass advertising for dealers, No advertised training certs, No one manufacturer willing to stop selling film to anyone not tall enough to lay the $ on their sales counter. hizzo it out, and continue to supply the hizzos and beginners at the expense of the well established dealers. Don't stroke me, and don't set up a shop with lower pricing a 1/4 mile away. I've had that fight, and I think I won. But now I don't feel the love of being a 15 year client. I feel that I am being undermined by my own supplier. Problem is, who would I switch to that has more integrity in the industry? My choice is none!

I could go $55 maby even $60.00 :stop

I would like to grow but I think a very well thought out plan is needed, otherwise you could have a big shop but the problems would be even bigger.

sadily Im not that good of a planer.

[*]299432

Leo's plan - NO PLANS. :eyebrows can happened anytime - so why plans more than on two hours :lol2 ?

I mean for example from tinter to shop owner, from shop owner to dealer, e.t.c.?

Or really happy to tint forever?

[*]299371

I plan on it, but who knows. It all depends how this industry does the next couple of years

I had an interview with a publication and this is some of what I replied. I wrote five pages worth

Now don?t get me wrong, I enjoy this business. It is my life and blood and I plan on working in this business for a long time. All of my children have grown up with me being in this business and are now in college. They know the value of good business and what it means to have a good honest business.

I think the manufacturers and most distributors have shot themselves in the foot. It seems to me they are more concerned about bad mouthing their competition, and trying to get as many boxes of film out the door instead of helping the dealers who feed them. Why put all this energy is stealing from another distributor? It does not make sense to me to set up as many new dealers as possible and they fail within a year. Wouldn?t it make more sense in working with existing reputable dealers to create a better and stronger industry?

I think it should be harder to get in this industry. There should be interviews, buy -ins, a franchise like dealership, formal mandated education (not just on film, but glass, business, advertising, etc.) with strict testing, ongoing continued education with testing, certifications. Some education and ongoing education is available, certification is available; it isn?t mandated nor is it inclusive enough and an embarrassingly small percentage of installing companies take advantage of this. It should not be just for the business owner, it should be mandated for all installers. The film industry needs to work on being more professional, sharing a sense of pride. We need to be accountable to one another.

[*]299490

:lol2

Agree with every word. exact with:"I enjoy this business. It is my life and blood"

Of course it seems it is very hard to grow...But it also depends how :stop - I mean in good meaning ot this word. For example one of the monsters of modern biz grow from small dealer team in Fla, till "worldwidw leader". And.....I have the same plans :dunno:eyebrows:lol

Archived