Night-time Privacy Window Tint

Guest SHOMEURTINTS

Guest SHOMEURTINTS

I have a customer in Southern Ohio that claims her sister in Dallas has had a window film installed that is your standard silver film that blocks vision during the day, but also at night. She said with the lights on you can not see in her windows at night time. Can this be possible????

I thought she was talking about the privacy glass that you can flick the switch from clear to frosted, but she swears it was a film application only. Does anyone know of this magical product???

Guest SHOMEURTINTS

The customer said it's 3M Nightvision. After talking to the 3M Corporate Rep., he said it's designed with less interior reflectivness so that it's easier to see out, but there's no claim to night time privacy looking in. He said about 50% think it's more private looking in at night, but that could be contributed to the ability to see out better compared to a standard reflectivity film.

Has anyone used this for night time privacy? Was the customer satisified trying to keep people from seeing in at night?

Guest metint
But I would like to know her address so I can bring a lawn chair and some popcorn.

[*]299899

I had a girlfriend once who undressed with the blinds wide open at night... until I came in and informed her that the tint did not give night time privacy... as she quickly covered up, I laughed and said, 'All the neighborhood old guys are going to be disappointed now'. :spit:spit

But I would like to know her address so I can bring a lawn chair and some popcorn.

[*]299899

I had a girlfriend once who undressed with the blinds wide open at night... until I came in and informed her that the tint did not give night time privacy... as she quickly covered up, I laughed and said, 'All the neighborhood old guys are going to be disappointed now'. :uh:beer

[*]299911

:uh

:uh:beer:uh

It will work for only on category of people - BLIND.

I am tired to explain such things to my customer.

Last lady sweared that saw such film in Las Vegas.

I reccomended her to live there, if there is such Xcellent items.

I know swicthed on/off glass and plastic, but NO FILM.

Guest zolar
I have a customer in Southern Ohio that claims her sister in Dallas has had a window film installed that is your standard silver film that blocks vision during the day, but also at night.  She said with the lights on you can not see in her windows at night time.  Can this be possible????

I thought she was talking about the privacy glass that you can flick the switch from clear to frosted, but she swears it was a film application only.  Does anyone know of this magical product???

[*]299880

could be that where this lady lives there is a night light shining on or near her window. properly positoned night lighting can make it far more difficult to see in with interior lighting on :thumb

[*]300096

:devilangel

usually the opposite effect at night, the girfriend can't see who may be in the lawnchair

but the pervs enjoy less glare from the streetlights :spit

Z

could be that where this lady lives there is a night light shining on or near her window.  properly positoned night lighting can make it far more difficult to see in with interior lighting on :lol6

[*]300096

:lol2 again :lol2 on my covered front porch I've got several lights...at night the bronze 35 film on the sidelite is still reflective on the outside. not to the point where I'd undress infront of it :beer but it is reflective outside and I can see through it fine from the inside.

Archived