50% film

Guest Diamond Tints

Guest Diamond Tints

In a 50% tint or thereabouts out of all the films what one looks the darkest out of them all I know they are all basically the same but what do yous think actually looks the darkest one :music:dunno:eyebrows

And any pics of different cars with different films of 50% would be good :lol:copcar

Guest darkdan

It has a lot more to do with how much tint is already in the window.

For instance, my Aspire has super clear glass and you can't even tell it's tinted.

Yet, I threw the same film onto a GTP that says DOT 18 on the windows and the stuff looks like 35%!

gtp.jpg

Otherwise, more reflective films appear a little darker.

Keep in mind, not all 50%s are actually 50%. That suntek is actually 53%. My hanita is 47%. My 3M is 51%.

Otherwise, more reflective films appear a little darker.

[*]300424

I always thought the color stable dyed film looked darker than metal film, just because its more black then silver and to me black is more of an illusion to looking darker, but you wont have as much of a heat rejection :woowoo

Guest darkdan

Today was over cast and when the sun was low my infinity op 50% is very hard to see through.

So it really does "depend".

If you put a piece of infinity op and a piece of 3m color stable on beside eachother on a peel board then the grey film looks MUCH darker. So side by side the grey films give the dark illusion.

Today was over cast and when the sun was low my infinity op 50% is very hard to see through.

So it really does "depend".

If you put a piece of infinity op and a piece of 3m color stable on beside eachother on a peel board then the grey film looks MUCH darker.  So side by side the grey films give the dark illusion.

[*]300745

you gotta love the cloudy days and metal film :dunno

Archived