Advertise Here

Bug stains and bird crap stains

Guest hawkinschevcadillac

Guest hawkinschevcadillac

I detail at a car dealership and there's only one thing that I cant do. I can't get rid of bird crap stains and bug stains (especially on dark colored cars). I'm sure someone knows of a product or procedure to get rid of these things. I'd like to start getting rid of these stains on our private customer cars ASAP. THANKS!

• 2 months later...
Guest mjstk01
how long was it sitting on the paint, it could of ate threw the clear

[*]300734

I believe this is the case... I have had some problems with this as well. I have used rubbing compound and it does lighten them up a bit. After polishing and waxing, I can only see them at certain angles under sunlight.

Guest AutoAppearancesInc
I detail at a car dealership and there's only one thing that I cant do.  I can't get rid of bird crap stains and bug stains (especially on dark colored cars).  I'm sure someone knows of a product or procedure to get rid of these things.  I'd like to start getting rid of these stains on our private customer cars ASAP.  THANKS!

[*]300648

Here are some reasons way the bugs stains are not comming off:

Sounds like the stain has eaten the clear coat.

This is way it is so important to remove bugs ASAP.

The drier the summer the more protien the bugs will have inside them. That is what eats the clear coat.

You can try using a SAFE non butyl based all purpose cleaner.

Spray on the area and let dwell for a few minutes. Do not let it dry on the paint.

Then use a bug sponge that won't scratch the clear coat.

If that does not work, the stain has eaten the clear coat.

I have seen some of the bug stains eat all the way to the "E" coat of the panel!!!!

Guest WASHBOY

We see this problem alot in arizona! Most drivers out there dont even know that bird crap and bugs can damage their paint. It usally happens when they neglect the paint.

They are a pain in the butt when there car is covered with them, the pro's are right, most likely it ate some of the clear.

Archived