Advise needed

I have installed about 1100 sqft on a large corridor (about 110 windows 20"x 78")

He has hired a technical company and they have measured the difference in temperature

on the 2 floors below (exactly the same) and the difference is only 1 degree celcius.

Customer doesnt want to pay the invoice ??

Installed film Silver 60

Any advise how to handle this ???

Never had a complain like this before.

[*]300974

It seems to me he have no idea to pay before You start work. 1 C. There can be million of other reasons why. Did he checked temperatire before installation? may be it was also 1C differecne. And he will find other way not pay - for example installer was not shaved during installations or something like that. I think You have to call hot russian guyZ in Holland - there are lot of :spit

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man you are in big poo with this customer.

I've never heard of this happening before anywhere!

Who specified the silver 60 for starters?

We all know a film with a light metal deposit like this one does sweet f a and I don't think it unreasonable for the client to be a bit pissed with it's TSER performance.

Sad part is that it's too big a job to just leave it on the glass and walk away unless you are prepared to cop it on the chin, rip it off and get the hell outa there.

Was it not possible to pick up the bad karma before 110 windows were eventually tinted?

Devil

Thanks all for the advise:

Yes he signed a contract before the install.

Silver 60 is not a light reflective film !!! 68% TSR

He has 2 more floors to be done but after this result he even does'nt want to pay the bill

I have doen places with the same amount of glass and the temp dropped 8 degrees Cesius

with the same film.

I will post pics later

The place has no cooling system .

Guest metint
remove the film from one window....use a laser thermometer to show them the temp difference on the floor infront of a tinted window compared to a clear window.  then tell 'em to phuck off and pay the bill + the extra to retint the one window you used to prove the film's performance.

[*]300991

:spit

A highly reflective film (silver 20) will decrease (sun exposed) room temperature in a well-insulated room by 5-8 degrees F (1-3 C). :barf

Guest Solscreen

I dont think they have much choice but to pay up. Makes me also wonder where they are taking the readings, maybe directly in front of the glass, or also the building inside is so hot from all areas that the heat is still making its way to the corridor and also maybe a window could have been left open prior to readings taken therefore warming the corridor nicely.

Maybe you should take your own readings? to check no BULL S**t is happening

I agree buy a solar transmission and power metre for 150 Euros, I got my one today, very handy.

Mike

Spain

I took it as meaning it's like a silver 35-40. Like how SG's Silver 80 is now silver 20. if that's the case then yes the silver 35 film does block about 65% heat. (solargard's anyway :evilgrin )

Archived