Advise needed

Guest Guest_filmguy_*

Your last line said it all. No cooling. Hopefully you told the consumer that installing the film was only going to delay the process of it getting hot in the area you filmed. If not, he probably thought the film would COOL the room. Sounds stupid but I've see it happen. Best of luck.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest metint
hi gp, applying film to one floor of that building would be the equivalent of tinting one quarter glass in a grand prix and the customer bitching because it didn't cool things down.

I can count 6 floors that are not done, 2 above and 4 below....with no adequate cooling system there is no way to make a determination by tinting one floor other than shooting a thermo at the glass.? there are way too many other factors involved here.....mainly the fact that heat does rise and the heat from the rest of the building is filtering it's way to the floor you did as well.? ambient temp doesn't mean shiat in this case imo :hmmm

[*]301239

:trustme

Here's a related story, GlassPro, sent to me via email from someone who read this thread, and with permission, I post it to aid you.

In 1992 we filmed a building in HB that already had Solaban 560 glass, with sil 20. We monitored the temp's in 2 adjoining rooms for a year on an empty floor with the AC turned off. The biggest variation was 2 deg F, they went ahead and tinted the whole 15 stories anyway.

After we had finished half the floors, the building engineer came by to inform us that he turned the input air in the HVAC system up from 47 degrees to 65 because people were complaining that it was too cold. By the time we finished, he had to turn off all the air conditioning to the two lower floors and use ventilation only otherwise the tenants were too cold in the middle of summer.

Soon after that we did a building with sil 35 that had an air conditioning problem. The glass was Graylite 14 dual pane (inner pane clear) and the film remedied the problem and saved the owners about $100k.

Archived