rear glass cracks?

noticed after doing a ford mustang there was a sort of crack poking out of the top corners{both left and right} coming from under where the glass tucks into the outside molding... about 3 inches from where the tint ends,,, it looks like a bullseye type of crack,,,and on both top sides,,,do you think this is a manufacturer defect?

Guest GeorgiaTinter

Bullseye cracks are normally found on windshields....they are impact marks usually associated with flying rocks or similar. Mainly found on laminated glass where the top or outer pane is damaged but the inner or lower is still intact....makes a bullseye.

not like a stone bullseye crack,,,weird it looks like a section of shattered glass ,,,but the size and shape of ,,say a stick of chewing gum,,,would overheating the rear glass when dry shrinking have caused it? :coffee:bingo ,,I m not saying I did it,,,I doubt it very much because its on both top corners,,,and customer surely would have bitched if I did it,,,im sure it was there before I started and I didnt notice because it was raining when car came in,,, but I am curious now

Archived