Question for Florida Residents

TintWizard

Had this idea where I'd like to drive my small RV down to Florida from Canada and would like to come down to Fl a few times through winter.

Instead of driving 24 hrs each way and spending a LOT of money and time each way, I thought it would be smarter to just drive it down and leave it there, and grab last minute cheap flights (2 hrs instead of 24 hrs travelling time) . This way It's worth a visit if I even only have 5 days freed up...I can jump on a flight and I have my RV all ready to go to stay,sleep,travel around in...after winter is done(and I successfully kept the RV out of the winter elements up north as a bonus) I just drive it back in April.

The only 2 drawback that I can think of..vandelism and I would have liked to have kept it plugged it to keep the reserve battery fully charged.

It's only a 22 ft. RV

My idea is that I would keep it at a storage place close to an airport.

Any better thoughts or alternatives to "tweek and peak" the thought? A better inexpensive place to store it? :trustme Just tossing th idea around :hmmm

The thought had crossed my mind, but not nessessary , I'm more into the sightseeing,rollerblading, beaching and:passout thing :trustme

Would be cool to meet up with a few tinters too and swap some techniques :hmmm

Guest metint
Had this idea where I'd like to drive my small RV down to Florida from Canada and would like to come down to Fl a few times through winter.

Instead of driving 24 hrs each way and spending a LOT of money and time each way, I thought it would be smarter to just drive it down and leave it there, and grab last minute cheap flights (2 hrs instead of 24 hrs travelling time) . This way It's worth a visit if I even only have 5 days freed up...I can jump on a flight and I have my RV all ready to go to stay,sleep,travel around in...after winter is done(and I successfully kept the RV out of the winter elements up north as a bonus) I just drive it back in April.

The only 2 drawback that I can think of..vandelism and I would have liked to have kept it plugged it to keep the reserve battery fully charged.

It's only a 22 ft. RV

My idea is that I would keep it at a storage place close to an airport.

Any better thoughts or alternatives to "tweek and peak" the thought? A better inexpensive place to store it?  :hmmm Just tossing th idea around  :lol2

[*]301335

Consider a parking condo?

There exists these concepts... one in particular on Marco Island south of Naples is a multi-story parking garage where cars are left buy seasonal travelers to the care of the staff on duty year round. Back when I was there it would cost a pocket full to buy a parking slot. You may find them available for lease today... who knows anymore. :hmmm Research it if you're interested. :trustme

you may want to check this out http://www.parkstjohns.com/prices.html..I would store it for you if I had the space..but I dont ..sorry buddy,,plus I live in a restricted community

[*]301354

Thanks TG..I'm sure you would if you could (knowing your in a residential area) :lol2

I just checked the link..I guess to store things in my area is quite a bit cheaper..never realized :trustme Down the road from me, I can secure it for about $30 US..I figured the most it would be would be $50 US :hmmm

Consider a parking condo?

There exists these concepts... one in particular on Marco Island south of Naples is a multi-story parking garage where cars are left buy seasonal travelers to the care of the staff on duty year round. Back when I was there it would cost a pocket full to buy a parking slot. You may find them available for lease today... who knows anymore. :hmmm Research it if you're interested. :lol2

[*]301352

I did not know this :trustme

Guest metint

Another thing to keep in mind is what airport? Research air fares for the different ones in Florida.

Orlando is considered one of the least expensive airport in the US to fly in and out of, and is second only to Las Vegas.

I have a fenced in storage facility in N. Carolina on the coast.

Located directly on Hwy 17 which runs straight down the coast to Fla.

We charge $35 US per month to store.

Power is availible and so far we have not had any trouble at all, with theft or vandals.

It's not as far south as you might want to be but we are a tourist based town, especially in the summer. :dunno

Archived