i h@te stupid bosses

Guest vital

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
most of my problem and it's a good one, is having to awnser the phone 10 times while doing one car :rollin

[*]302145

I hear ya sprinter a least these days ttc and I can take turns answering it :bingo

[*]302161

you know, answering phone calls espeically when it rings consectively (sp?) is time consuming, longer when the customer doesnt shut they're trap

Guest autotinter
I get so pissed when my boss compares me to other tinters he used to have.  He knows I'm the best tinter they currently have but he still makes stupid comments like "If that other tinter I used to have can do that car in an hour I think you can too." And what pisses me off is when I actually take my time to do a nice job and he wants me to do it faster.  It's also annoying when I tell him something isn't feasible and he tries to think up a solution and tell me how to do my job when he never even tinted a car in his entire life.

:spit  :ahole

[*]302102

I'v been there myself, eventually u will do what I did, and most tinters do---QUIT, and open your own shop. if you can handle the new responsibilities (paperwork, bills, rent) its worth it. Hang in there! :DD:spit

Guest darkdan

Think that's bad?

One time while doing a 80's camaro with defrosters my old boss flipped out.

First one I've ever done. The shrink went surprising well. Then I went to install it and the sides wouldn't stick. They'd just peel back. So I take a smoke break to wait for them to dry out a little so I could squeege them down.

He comes into the shop and is like, "You don't have it done yet?! Shouldn't you be working instead of smoking?" I tried to explain, but he wasn't listening.

So he rips it off the window and proceeds to do it himself. Keep in mind, he's tinted like.....1 car maybe....just the sides.

He throws a piece of tint on it. Trims it (took forever while he trims to exactly to the defrosters) and proceeds to wet shrink. He gets the head gun and a blue max with unger handle. He heats a big fingers and squeeges so hard you'd think that tint owed him money or something! CREASE about 18" long! Then creases it about 4 more times and goes to install it! OMG!

Guess what....it didn't stick on the sides. We let it hang and squeeged it down hard and he gave the kid the keys and said it would dry....

Needless to say I stripped and retinted that car about a week later. LOL. This time he didn't spaz on me while I waited for it to dry out.

a tint boss that doesn't know how to tint is worthless in my opinion :spit

[*]302110

Always be able do the same things that you ask others to do.

That way if someone is out sick you can get it done yourself.

I've learned to do everything in every service we offer.

I am in the shop working everyday with the people that work for me.

My wife answers the phones, dispatches the work and talks with the customers.

Guest metint

My boss isn't afraid to get in the trenches with the rest of us, treats us as equals, can get you to do something through a request rather than a demand, recognizes the different personality traits and abilities of all who work for her and capitalizes on them, gives praise for a job well done, points out shortcomings in performance in a positive light, and.... as a professor from VA Tech once said about her, "Your boss is always ten miles ahead of those in the class by seeing all sides of the situation".

She's a gem and I am proud to be working for and with her! :spit

Archived