tint messing up radio????

Guest cjmdwyer

if the antenna lines were "cleaned" with a razor blade

the reception would not improve with another film

:DD

surly a car dealer wouldn't lie :lol

Z

[*]302343

Man, a friend of mine came in last week and wanted his Taurus wagon tinted and wanted to hang out while I did it.

(This is the 3rd car I've tinted for him).

So I put him to work srcaping and scrubbing the glass while I finished a car up.

While I wasn't paying attention he took the razor scraper to the back glass and shaved off all the defroster lines before I could say anything. :DD

Needless to say I had no problem with the defrost lines bubbling up. :DD:DD:DD

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
my am is almost non existent. If I do a scan through the am band I get one station. The dealership said its my aftermarket tinting interfering with the radio reception. Is this to be believed??

[*]302312

Just wondering how many AM radio stations in your area? only one? then I guess its working just fine.

:DD:DD:DD

Guest metint

Yes... metal film can disrupt electronic equipment reception and transmission depending on how much metal is in the film, what type of metal and the frequency at which the equipment operates.

First step would be to confirm you did in fact have a metalized film installed. If no, it's the equipment and you need address it with the Honda dealer. If yes, you need only to remove the film from the windows where the antenna is located and drive it around goofy for a day to confirm the film is causing the problem.

Once the film is confirmed as the problem you can have non metal film installed in place of it... as has already been said before.

I'm curious to know whether or not the Odyssey has Diversified FM antenna? As the owner of the car can you answer this?

my sister just got an 05 Odyssey...damn nice minivans. :thumb except for that stupid little quarter window on the side doors. :lol6 atleast it's got a border around it though. nice to know about the reception issue, guess I'll be putting True Grey on it instead of Charcoal. :spit

Guest metint
oh wait...she has XM radio.  what to do what to do?  :thumb  :spit

[*]302452

Unfortunately I find myself unable to furnish an answer on this one. :lol6:lol2 Am not aware of any problem in XM reception... yet! Have to look into the frequency they operate at and where the antenna gets put. If it is outside the car... well the answers a given. :spit:lol2:lol

Archived