baked vs film tints???

Guest Guest_ryan_*

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They advertise solargard tint, lots of guys here use that tint and dont BAKE IT ON. The only advantage there would be to taking the glass out and "BAKING IT" would be that the tint is fully cured and you can roll your windows down immediately after you leave.

VS.

Tinting it the normal way and having to wait a day or two for it to cure on its own from the sun radiating heat onto the glass, either way its baked on :uh

Guest Guest

just curious, I'm going to call and ask what they mean by that, because solar gard is a well known film....and I'm sure it is applied pretty much the same everywhere.

Just curious,

So what the way to go about getting an !llegal tint???

I'm wanting to do a 35 all around (possibly 35 front, and 20rear)

but here in utah 43 is the legal limit in the front.

Just go around until I find somebody that will do it??? Already asked one place.....who told me no

Guest pmuzik
:uh but I'll bet it's kinda like an earl shieb or macco paint job theirs are " baked " on too but with infrared lights in booth maybe thats what they mean.

Guest tint rookie

have to be baked to think that'll make the job better.....istall up to the point of the "baking" is the same. would agree the only benifit would be able to roll down the window sooner. maybe as a cold climate solution it would be worth it. a heat gun bakes it good enough anywhere else, if you really need to used the word baked to impress your friends

OK I"LL CLARIFIY IT FOR YOU

baking process is an old school (bullshiat way) to give to customer as far how its done..

back in the day my step dad used to take out the windows on every single car,truck,boat, whatever that came in, they would take them out tint them inside a "lint free" room and put them under a biggass old school heat lamp, then they were putback in and customer could roll they're windows down the same day, or laying them out in the sun to dry as well. personally I think its better! although we barely take windows out anymroe because 1. customers nowadays dont pay the right price like before, (thanks competition)

2. more labor involved, more time, and more risk to your insurance policy, as some cars if you were to break something, parts arent cheap, etcetcetc.

now if they bake it on wiht a heat gun without taking the windows out then that is not the true Old School way of baking, you older guys should know about it...........

:uh:uh

Guest Guest

So what the way to go about getting an !llegal tint???

you're kidding right? :uh

[*]302800

no....I'm not kidding.... I went to one shop and they just straight up told me no.

My roomate, got it done, the place is closed now (..!...), but he said they did it, just don't give a reciet for it

45 in the front sucks....want at least 35...possilbe 28 if I can find it around

just wanting some advice....I know many of you have !llegal tints, come on now...

Archived