Need Help & Advice

Guest accordex2215

Guest accordex2215

I just bought a new accord and had the windows tinted by the dealership. The back window, near the hood of the car had several bubbles.....I let it dry for about 3 days. whoever installed the tint left finger and smudge marks all over the inside of the windows. I used some windex wipes (probably 5 days after installation) and it left nasty whitish marks over where the bubbles were near the hood. it looks terrible. any ideas how to get rid of this or am I going to just have to have it redone. thanks for taking the time and any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Guest accordex2215

I figured I would wait a few more days. the white marks look dry though.......I almost looks like someone took a little toothpaste and smeared it over the area that was slightly bubbled.

Guest tint rookie

take it back to the stealership.

tell them you want it redone, but at a shop of your choice. not by one if their hacks.

stay away from amonia based products..aka. windex

Guest zolar

take it to the guy that did the installation :lol2

I would love to reach through the internet and try to help,

but my squeegee won't stretch

If you can't resolve it over the next few days,

there is cleaning and care advice on the main page.

Z

the white-ish marks are from air or water moving through other area's that have already dried. If they are not noticeable from a few feet away I would live with it, if it bother's you that bad, take it back worst they can say is no.....

Guest accordex2215

reading through the main page I think it's from the black dots that trim my upper back window edge. it's leaving this weird white shade over the dots.....does it work just to press hard against the white area to help it stick? thanks for the help.

reading through the main page I think it's from the black dots that trim my upper back window edge.  it's leaving this weird white shade over the dots.....does it work just to press hard against the white area to help it stick?  thanks for the help.

[*]303074

wait about a month to let it dry, then you run your index finger over it, usually it would stick, but other than you no choice... :lol2

Guest zolar

adhesive issues are best handled by a pro :lol2

smudges and fingerprints are easy to solve :bat

insist (politely) to the dealer, that the installation needs attention.

Z

go back to the dealership adn tell them you dont want the guy thats doing the oil chages/ tire rotation to tint your car again. you want a real tinter to do it.

car dealerships suck.

Archived