Dyno/ Performance Shop Grand Opening

I was tinting one today, customer was all up in my mug, I kept telling him to wait up front, so he woudnt, he kept telling about the windows how they crank up when closing, I told him "I know man back off"

he was like "im really picky that's why"

all I said was "its an overpriced 350Z what's the big deal"

then we got into a discussion about it, that's why im here wondering, if I had a pointless descussion about same engine and this and that , in other words BULLSHIATING WITH THE CUSTOMER :lol6

:lol I like all motor cars also but theres nothing wrong with a little bit of forced induction.

[*]303328

:gay :rest

[*]303920

hey DKENT< what do you think about this one, 350Z VS G35, to me the G35 its an overpriced 350Z with more luxury, is the size engine the same or what?

[*]304088

The G35 Coupe and the 350Z share the same FM (front mid) platform (called front mid because the majority of the engine mass is behind the front shock tower giving the platform near perfect weight distribution. The G35 and the Z share the same 3.5 liter V6, and for the 2003 and 2004 models the engine was slightly more powerful in Z than in the G35 due to intake ducting. (287HP 274lb feet of torque in the Z) and (280HP in the G coupe).

In the 05 models Nissan/Infiniti has made the HP 300 and torque 260 for the G coupe and the Z.

The FM platform is also used for the Nissan Murano, Infiniti FX 35/45, the four door G35 sedan and in 2008 it will be the platform for the first ever US Skyline GTR. (I can't wait for it to come)

The 4.5 liter V8 used in the Infiniti FX 45 will fit in a Z and think a few people have actually done engine swaps into the Z with an FX 4.5 V8. There are some issues with headers clearing the steering column but it can be done.

Also there is talk of a Twin Turbo 4.0 liter V6 for the upcoming Skyline and possibly in the Z as well in 2008. I have not been able to confirm anything, Nissan is also debating over using a V8 in the Skyline instead of a twin turbo V6 and Nissan is debating about what make the new Skyline will fall under, Nissan or Infiniti.

The G35 Coupe is very close to the Z in performance, it is a little heaver but it actually does a little better than the Z on the skid pad because of the slightly longer wheelbase.

I wouldn't call it over priced, the G35 can hang with the M3's at about half the cost. Granted you will always have a debate over quality of interor materials but when it comes down to it the G is a great buy.

If your an all engine guy NISMO offers a 450HP 3.5 V6 crate engine but is real expnesive.

That whole rant and I didn't even answer your question, yes the G35 is really just a 4 seat, more luxury, little softer springs, version of the Z.

The 300Z's had the two-seater version and the 2 by 2 version that had back seats.

Basically the G35 is the 2 by 2 version of the Z, with more emphasis on luxury due to the Infiniti name.

Archived