Streaking

Guest Old Dude

Guest Old Dude

Also it's like ribs down each window and I squegeed from left to right. It's clear then streak and so on down entire window. After I noticed this I just soft squegeed one window and it is hazy all over (not in streaks).

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont think its the solution (unless its JOY) I thinks the way the film reacts, depending on what brand you use, I've expereinced this with LLUMAR, where when applying you get this hazy look, or milky like you say, it throws you off at first but when you're in the biz for a while you immediately what and why it does this, hey some films react different than others, but it has to do with sun exposure while applying or on autos when you heat it upwith a heat gun or heat lamp........

Guest Old Dude

Yeah Tint, it's BIG J Sunset Brz. and like I said it looked good right after install but it doesn't look like a wet streak' it looks like a dry haze.

Guest Guest

Hey Old dude I know exactly what you are talking about, white fogging effect in the direction of your squegee marks. I use tons of bronze and it almost always does it. Can even take a couple three weeks or so to completely dry out, don't worry, and definetly don't redo it till you have given it a month or so. It does clear out as long as no visible water bubbles are under it. If so just lightly prick the blister with your olfa and gently squegee that water towards the pin hole. But this does'nt sound like trapped water, just the natural drying process.

Hey Old dude I know exactly what you are talking about, white fogging effect in the direction of your squegee marks.  I use tons of bronze and it almost always does it.  Can even take a couple three weeks or so to completely dry out, don't worry, and definetly don't redo it till you have given it a month or so.  It does clear out as long as no visible water bubbles are under it.  If so just lightly prick the blister with your olfa and gently squegee that water towards the pin hole.  But this does'nt sound like trapped water, just the natural drying process.

[*]304137

2-3 weeks? where do you live in the north pole?

hazing should go away in a couple days, I never seen a film auto/or flat last that long my friend.. :lol6

Guest Old Dude

Man! I feel alot better now! I just wanted to reassure myself I wasn't going to have to redo this. Plus like I said I have a decent job tomorrow at a hospital with the same thing. Should've stuck to auto huh?

Man! I feel alot better now! I just wanted to reassure myself I wasn't going to have to redo this. Plus like I said I have a decent job tomorrow at a hospital with the same thing. Should've stuck to auto huh?

[*]304156

no, your on the right track, flat is better, more money, and easier....good luck

Guest VOLTRON

I call it ghosting, it looks like its all fogged up and it usually happens when im tinting in the sun, but it goes away I havent had anyone call back b 4.

Guest metint
Pmuzik, It's hard to say, could be too much soap as this was the first time using a 2 gal sprayer (I usually make 50 trips to the faucet with a hand-held) It looked like a strong mix but I didn't think it would hurt much. The windows from yesterday were started at mid afternoon so they didn't see any sun and even today it was cooler and rainy. Would a strong mix still cure fine but take longer? Like I said it looked fine until an hour or so before the streaking started then just looked real foggy in streaks today. Thanks

[*]304056

OD,

WE have found that some slip agents actually create a micro thin layer beneath the film that acts as an additional moisture barrier to the film's structure. It 'may' impede drying time and depending upon the type soap used, can cause hazy/milky appearance to the film for the early part of the drying period.

Dish soaps are the worst to milk, baby shampoo next and CPF's Film On solution displays little milkiness, if any. Oldtinter uses a drop or two or three Prell shampoo mixed into FilmOn (Prell adds a bit more slipability)... maybe this will work for you.

I checked with the chemists as to whether or not Prell would pose a problem with film adhesives and they said 'No'. Dish soaps do! Experiment around with amount mixes until you find what works well for a particular film.

Also, some film brands do not have the best water vapor transmission rates (WVTR). Vista SpectraSelect, VKool 70 & 60, Bekaert's Titanium and any sputtered bronze films are the worst... ask their tech service person whether or not their product has a high or low WVTR and adjust your solutions accordingly. :thumb

Archived