Johnson users..

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Retro Tint
because the assshole's keep asking and asking asking and for some reason they comeback one day when your slow and say what the heck.

its not my fault certain films out there are just plain piece of shiat

[*]310898

I understand why you put the film on. No problem with that. It just hit me wrong why you would equate this product with Johnson's or any other major brand. (Regardless of what they said it was). I think we would all like to be aware of any subpar film that we may try, but lets not keep knocking all the manufacters that have been in business for years. They all have limitations. Lets be selective where and how we criticize. :krazy

Guest tint rookie

the topic hit a tangent...most do when it turns into a debate.

its no more than a big brainstorm here, more times than not a hurricane.

and staring at TINT's post that you just quoted, I dont see him mentioning any certain films specifically.

Guest Retro Tint
I had a couple of guys with some johnson film both had audi S4's.

I dont remember the type of film but it was real shiny. upon installating and finishing, they were trying to complain why the film is so shiny...I told them "hey buddy that's what you brought me dont lay it on me"

two days the film was peeling and on the back window it was half way down peeling....... :spit 

I was like

"at least you know I one pieced it"

I think on certain films they do have adhesive problems..

[*]310520

It was this one TR, just struck me the wrong way . A little far fetched I thought. Didn't mean to sound as pissy as it came across. :coffee

Guest tint rookie

ah ha, I see, a specific WAS named.

personally, I dont mind, we all have our faves to work with and sell. for whatever reason, adhesion, shrinking, appearance, thickness, texture, shade hue, reflectiveness, light/heat reduction.

like most of my posts, should be taken with a grain of salt. but I do like to hear complaints, compliments and/or oppinions on specific films. it helps me as a shop owner decide if I need to change up lines. and it does help even the two postin consumer, choose what film they try to or have installed on their car.

if they choose a shop accordingly, by the film they carry or dont carry, so be it. if they consistently read that my film is having issues, and im still using it. MY BAD, how can I be offended if they took their car to another shop.

luckily ive had no probs with my current supplier. 4year streak of reliability so far....knock on wood.

but to give a comparison. dont know if you are into electronics. The SONY company. back in the day were the shizzle, but greed got the best of em' and thy started substituting volume for quality. they could do it. there werent too many other big names out there, at the time. well, along comes the competition, and reminds the consumer of what quality was. who would you buy from? SONY, has madea remarkable comback, with a good shift back towards quality. its the only way to compete when theres as many electronics co.s out there as ther are (inlcuding the R.O.C. cheapies)

I think film, or any industry is the same. they have their high and low periods. but competition helps them keep their edge. I myself would h@te to buy a subpar film and install it on a car.

so how do we find out about company product trends? we end up discussing it with fellow tinters. which id much rather talk to, someone in the trenches, with their hands all over the product. not some lab rat or salesman with one thing in mind. sell this film, but hasnt touched a roll of film past the card board box.

I couldnt think of a better place to discuss than here

well retro, its like when you buy a ford and then later in life you buy a honda,

which one would you think its better? honda of course, because of its reliability and durability (that rhymes) and frankly im not putting down the company, its just well there for me to critize, every time I use johnson always some shiat happens, oppose to when I go with another company, that is why our shop stopped using it I think 10 years ago! but every now and then I get these guys with Johnson film box in they're hand to get they're car tinted. WTF? normally I shoudnt be doing that, that is why I carry my own film from whom I buy from with almost any problems at all. meaning customers with a warranty claim from when they got they're tinted 15 years ago. im not apologizing and im standing on what I think of johnson and some other film brand that I wont mention on here right now.

:coffee:spit

Guest Retro Tint

I would'nt want ya to apologize. You obviosly have been burned before, so why would you. It really is like Ford, Chevy, Dodge loyalist. I have never understood just regular consumers having such strong feelings on a particular brand. They all have their strenghts and weakness and one thing in common. Big corp. would probably not be so loyal to you! I agree with TR. I to, like hearing what all the other tinters have to say about the results they're getting with different films. Where else but here, where you've got people from every climate using every type of film known to man.

I'm using Johnson's now, after weighing out all the info I could before I got back into this thing. I checked with many folks in my area that have been doing this for 20+ years. None of them are using JWF ( they have other contracts), but all thought it to be a quality product. I know their prices are fair, service is great, film is as good as any more expensive brand to work with. Trust me, I'm prayin I don't get burned in the ass later. :evilgrin

Guest Retro Tint

By the way, I see nothing wrong with putting on film someone comes in with. Its not 1st choice but hey, if consumer wants to think he's saving a buck bringing his own, Whats wrong with installing it for em. No warrany obviously.

By the way, I see nothing wrong with putting on film someone comes in with. Its not 1st choice but hey, if consumer wants to think he's saving a buck bringing his own, Whats wrong with installing it for em. No warrany obviously.

[*]311456

I will........ for the same price as using my film

had this retard gangstah wannabe want me to install his " Presidential" film

........................It was RESIDENTIAL :evilgrin

ebonics for 'ya

[*]311456

I will........ for the same price as using my film

had this retard gangstah wannabe want me to install his " Presidential" film

........................It was RESIDENTIAL :dunno

ebonics for 'ya

[*]311494

:evilgrin

I bet his KA SHOWRANCE was 'bout to COLLAPSE too. :bingo

Archived