Newbie chick here!

Guest tinted_out

Guest tinted_out

Hi, My name's Danielle and I have a Mk4 black Golf all tinted bar the front screen - looks lush but won't tommorow as the police have told me to get rid of my tint on the front driver's side and passenger windows - apparenty it's the law. So when the guy at the garage sold me it he failed to mention this - and now I am looking at a cost of approx ?80 to a) pay the fine and b) get the tint film removed.

So I am not a happy girl right now, even moreso as my friend's fella is a copper and has a honda civic type r with tinting all round!! He should know better tut tut!

I have read loads of arguments about this - I think it's such a daft rule/law, the light visibility from within the car looking out is as it would be for a clear window - it only looks dark on the outside! Plus what about dark sunglasses they block out loads more light?? The tinting acts as a safety feature as it blocks the sun's rays from blinding you - I spoke to a policeman about it and he said that apparently tinting is the latest gucci trend in car design for young lads??? And if that's their reason for clamping down on it I think that's rubbish! He did also mention a motorbike fatality, but still I don't think that safe tints like mine are a danger. Sorry to rant on... what's everyone else's views?post-15184-1123593580.jpg

welcome to the forum :bingo

law is the law.......

but they are right, and that young lad copper should not have tinted windows and at the same time pulling over people for tint! :bingo

just take off and put something lighter, the fact that you bought it that way and the person who sold it to ya didnt tell you, doesnt change the fact taht its on you, you can come up with a million excuses and the police wont give a fock.....good luck

Guest tinted_out

Hi thanks for your posts - yep I know it's the law. Duh I just realised that you are not in the UK like me - how odd this site came up in a UK search engine!! It seems like we follow the same rules regarding tinting though.

Hi thanks for your posts - yep I know it's the law. Duh I just realised that you are not in the UK like me - how odd this site came up in a UK search engine!! It seems like we follow the same rules regarding tinting though.

[*]304953

so are you single? :rest

im just joking. :passout

[*]304953

so are you single? :dunno

im just joking. :lol

[*]304959

:please

Stop hitting on new members :dunno

Yeah, in the States "Ignorance of the law is no excuse" :dunno

Got to h@te it!

Guest tinted_out

OMG - so annoyed - yesterday I was at my local supermarket, came out to my car and the police were parked next to it, so I am thinking hmm... will they ask me about my windows?? Nope, I get in and drive off... they follow, I am thinking perhaps they will pull me over, but nope off I go and they turn off somewhere else.

I am really annoyed why is it one cop will pull you but another won't I really wanted them to as I could have said yep, I know I am getting them done, but nope nada ting! If the police are going to do their job, then they need to follow the law and treat everyone the same, so whilst I got pulled by 2 cops who happened to be following the law, there may be others who just don't bother!! To sum it up - if they make a law and the police sometimes prosecute but sometimes don't doesn't that just make for a dud law???

Rant, rant, rant!!!

I guess it's just like many things in life, just a shame they couldn't be doing more to nick real criminals not just moi and me windows!!

Archived