Advertising strategies....

Guest Tinted

Guest Tinted

Hey all. I have tinted for several shops over 10 yrs in the biz. I have recently started on my own in a state where tinting is year round which is nice! Mord of mouth and minimal fliering is going great but I want a house a day! I've thought about an offer of cleaning the outside windows if a certain sq ft is achieved inside. I've never heard of anyone doing this and need some advice. Has anyone tried this or any other strategies would be great. Thanks this site is great!!!! :passout I don't want to get hosed!!!! :rest

Guest darkdan

Don't stoop to that. We're skilled labor and NOT window cleaners. Think of all the ladder work, etc.

If anything run some radio spots. I just did some price checking today and I can get twenty 15-second live reads during the morning show spread over 4 to 20 days for like $150 in my area. Heck, one job and it's paid for.

Guest Tinted
Don't stoop to that.  We're skilled labor and NOT window cleaners.  Think of all the ladder work, etc.

If anything run some radio spots.  I just did some price checking today and I can get twenty 15-second live reads during the morning show spread over 4 to 20 days for like $150 in my area.  Heck, one job and it's paid for.

[*]304948

That's a good idea I didn't know it was that cheap. I have 100,000 full color going out but I wanted to have something up on competitors. Also 95% of work is on the ground not alot of two stories here! Keep the suggestions coming I really appreciate it! It is definately hard to run your own biz but beats working for the man any day!!! :passout

Guest Tinted
I have 100,000 full color going out but I wanted to have something up on competitors.? Also 95%

[*]304952

I assume this is for a mailing??

How are you targeting the mailings??

RoAcH

[*]305021

Not a fan of JG. Or nascar alltogether? I like Jr. this is all I could find! A magazine that goes out once a month. It's targetd to certain parts of town. Pretty cheap for full color ads.

Guest Tinted
I have 100,000 full color going out but I wanted to have something up on competitors.? Also 95%

[*]304952

I assume this is for a mailing??

How are you targeting the mailings??

RoAcH

[*]305021

Not a fan of JG. Or nascar alltogether? I like Jr. this is all I could find! A magazine that goes out once a month. It's targetd to certain parts of town. Pretty cheap for full color ads.

[*]305026

Thanks for the good advice!! mm biz just tripled You sure are a big help!

Guest Tinted
:please  seriously, cleaning windows is not the rout to go imo....you just don't want to get into that.  full color is fine but is it gonna reach your target audience?  if not, it's just a waste of money. 

you sound like a real go-getter!  try some old fashioned door to door cold calling.  "Hi ma'am, you have a great house but I see you have all of your blinds shut...I think I have something that can help you out."

just by you saying "I want a house a day" I know you will be good at the above!  all you gotta do is believe in what you're selling and it will happen.

[*]305043

Thanks! Where are ou located mm? I do that and it works well, I guess I just want to get real big too fast! I appreciate your input! :dunno

Archived