What kind of abrasive do you use.......?

Guest Kelly's

Guest Kelly's

What kind of abrasive do you use to scrub your rear defroster lined windows? Just wanted to see what everyone else has good luck with.

Thanks.

Guest autotinter
Doobie or white scrub pad.

Which I find in my toolbox first.  LOL.

[*]304922

at least u didnt use the one on the floor under the workbench!! :passout

LOL :rest

Guest Kelly's
if your referring to cleaning before u put the tint on,,I use a green pad on the back of a dishwashing sponge, works great!!

[*]304923

Yeah, I've been scrubing with the white scrub pads, but for some reason I'm still having minor contamination issues. I pull rear decks, scrub the windows, use hard card with paper towel around it to get hard to reach areas, squeege window 2 or more times and then wet with solution...................still having problems. I'm thinking I need a more abrasive product. What about an sos pad?

Guest Kelly's
if your referring to cleaning before u put the tint on,,I use a green pad on the back of a dishwashing sponge, works great!!

[*]304923

Yeah, I've been scrubing with the white scrub pads, but for some reason I'm still having minor contamination issues. I pull rear decks, scrub the windows, use hard card with paper towel around it to get hard to reach areas, squeege window 2 or more times and then wet with solution...................still having problems. I'm thinking I need a more abrasive product. What about an sos pad?

[*]304925

I meant brillo pad.

Guest tint rookie

may not nessecarally be what your cleaning with. could be final spray down.....are you flushing everything off the glass or back onto the glass? how are you handing the film??? hitting the head liner going in? reverse rolling, tri fold, frankenstein?

Guest Kelly's
may not nessecarally be what your cleaning with. could be final spray down.....are you flushing everything off the glass or back onto the glass?  how are you handing the film??? hitting the head liner going in?  reverse rolling, tri fold, frankenstein?

[*]304937

Reverse roll.

I'm flushing the glass correctly and paying close attention to my handling of the film. I tape off the headliner so I don't accidentally touch it..............I think I spend more time preping my vehicles than I do on the actual installs.

I had to redo an 02 sentra's rear glass 3 seperate times before I had billable results..........that's a lot of time consuming shrinking and expensive Bekaert film down the drain................................I don't know :please .......I've done approximetly 30 cars so far and the rear window seems to be my only weakness. The contamination is minor, but I'm a stikler for quality control and I won't let things leave my shop half-assed.

Archived