Slitting throats.......!

Guest Tinted

Guest Tinted

What if I have very low overhead. Kick ass flawless work and can make an incredible profit, but to others that have been in biz for years, have shop and astronomical overhead and I'm shunned upon. Is this bad or is this AMERICA! How should a new biz owner approach the situation. When Home Depot moved into town it offered lower prices and drove Ace Hardware out of my town. Is that competition or slitting other fellow tinters(business owners) throats??????????

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Retro Tint

To me it does not matter what trade or service you are providing. If you are honest, selling quality workmanship and materials, It is America! In my neck of the woods, the business thats been around for a long time is the one low balling. They keep prices lower than I like to be even without overhead. Have never understood why anyone wants to just give it away. If everyone would just raise the bar a bit we would all make more money. :evileye

Places like home depot, lowes, etc sell the same merchandise and the quality is the same on the product so the public can understand when they are getting a deal.

Window Tinting you cannot compair jobs like that, some tinters are simply better than others and offer a better product, but the customers are used to the walmart shopping experience, people figure if a paper dood across town is doing cars for 75 bucks and a person across town is doing them for double that the person with the highest price is ripping them off, actually its the other way and the lowballer is ripping them off with cheep azz materials and shoddy wormanship and in a couple years they see the effects of their bad decision.

We stick to our guns on price ane WILL NOT do !llegal tinting, all the little h@ck shop boys across town in their stereo shops play that game of slitting throats. We dont play buy their rules.

If you indeed have a good rep all things will work out like thay have done for us.

Guest signandtint

We stick to our guns on price ane WILL NOT do !llegal tinting, all the little h@ck shop boys across town in their stereo shops play that game of slitting throats. We dont play buy their rules.

excellent way of dealing with the issue!

here in England the 'have a go at it tinters' are everywhere now, a by product of the distributors panicking when the front glass 70% law came in 2 years ago, they thought the best way to survive was supply anyone regardless.

over the last 2 years we have dropped from getting perhaps 1 in 3 enquiries converted to paying customers to approx 1 in 10, as they now have more people to call and get the !llegal tint they want at a cheaper rate.

however we are still busy and making profit, solely because we stick to our prices, it was a bit worrying at first but 11 years down the line experience teaches not to panick and cut your own throat, reputation for us outways any competition that sets up near us,good customers will always come back if they know they got quaility and service, cost becomes irelevent most of the time.

we find customers with nice, expensive cars don't want the cheapest job, its the guys with the junk cars who cant really afford accessories who bring hassle and try to haggle.

as 1 cheapskate leaves the premises with a 'im not paying that much' attitude, another arrives and books in. :lol

Archived