Viper 160XV problem

Guest KDB9000

Guest KDB9000

I rescenty got a car that had a viper remote start system in it. it was the 160XV, and the owner I got it from had to use the fatory remote's unlock button twice then the viper remote to start it. I have found out why he does that and it was because if you don't you can't start it when it is locked (which is stupid). best buy says they will look at it for $16 then there is extra to fix it. I am a "do it yourself" person, I have the owners and installers guide. who ever installed it didn't put the light or valet switch. I was woundering if anyone had this problem or a problem like it where they can't start the car when it is locked and what to do. I think it is the start k!ll that is keeping it from starting when it is locked. what do you guys think?

Guest KDB9000

I also found out then when I use the viper remote that the headlights will start flashing on and off. I am not sure why and it don't know how to turn them off (without using the factory remote). any ideas?

Guest Murph.

What kind of car is it? It's possible that the car has a stock starter k!ll and the installer didn't know how to deactivate it.

As for the lights. My guess is it has DRL and the alarm is swt to pulse the parking lights. That's why the lights are going on and off.

Guest KDB9000

97 dodge intrepid. as for the lights, the parking lights come on to tell me that it is locked or unlocked but sometimes when I open the door the headlights come on and start flashing with no way to shut them down other then using the factory remote. I haven't tried starting it with the headlights flashing but I have tried to unlock, lock, hit the brake, and turned the key to run (not start) and nothing worked. I think I am going to have best buy take a look at it then have them wire it right.

Guest KDB9000

what do you mean? the car has a factory starter k!ll? it doesn't have an alarm on it as far as I know. is there anyway we can talk in real time? (MSN, Yahoo, AIM?)

Archived