Tint Removal

Guest dkris42

Guest dkris42

Hello I am new to the site well I have been readin it for a few years but never posted anything. I bought a car and it has cheap nasty purple tint and I read on here there is a "tint removal forum" but I can not find it so I would like some help on removing the old tint.....it's purple for crying out loud :rollin ..... I am going to get it tinted again but I dont want to pay the extra money to get it removed when im alreayd paying 200 for my car to be tinted

93 Acura Legend LS 4 door (rear defrost)

Guest dkris42

okay I found the thred about it and I feel like an idiot asking where it was so I read about the dangers....for the professionals out there...how much more to charge to remove the old tint?

do the tinter a favor and let them take it off. they'll still be able to tell it was tinted before and likely charge you for the cleanup.

after all, it's the GLUE that's the problem, not the tint.

Guest tint rookie

ill give em a break if he's made an honest attempt and got at least 90% of it off.

go buy yourself a steamer...they prob cost as much as the removal and you;ll have a cool tool to play with afterwards. the work great on all kinds of cleaning needs.

home depot or lowes, bout a hundred bucks, visit the paint section for a good citrus based adhesive remover...(usually safer on interiors), same aisle, a bag of 0000 steel wool.

steam a corner, make sure you get both layers, and start working your way throught he whole glass. once film is removed, soak with remover and start scrubbin with the wool. more steam can help reduce the elbow grease needed.

just keep in mind...you want it sooo clean, it would be worthy that the virgin mary would want to lose her virginity on it....

oh man im going to helll for that one.