CALI cracking down on mods

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest afterhours

I don't know if I really understand... I guess I do see them trying to stop some of the street racing etc... but why just a modified car???? I guess in cali. and other big places they are alot stricter on smog control and such??? is that some of the reasoning??? help me out with the mod restrictions.

thanks...

lol.. this site makes me feel so small town its finally cool to get some feed back from more places for more education. :phone

Guest tint rookie

had a guy get pulled over last week for fronts on a passat wagon. yes its very clean...but its a friggin grocery getter. cop told him their new guidlines interpret !llegal fronts and other mods mean hes a street racer and they now have probable cause to pull the vehicle over and search it.

total crap, if you asked me..... now we are all victims of profiling.

Guest tint rookie

I could almost justify the law if it were more geared toward,say, gang activity, dr*g dealers, etc.

you want to bust street racers, for racing. go to where they race.

you want to bust em for SMOG, set up check II's just outside the local track gates.

but for looking good, come on now, I look good just walking down the street. better not wear my sunglasses anymore.

san diego is the worst as I can see the article said it started in san diego. they are pulling everybody over for everything. mostly the highway patrol. last year we had a car show and when the show was over a bunch of cop rolled in and started to ticket everybody in the car show for !llegal mods. I have a 90 integra thats has some heavy mods on it but if I put the stock parts on it, it fails the visual test because I have a japanese motor....but it passes smog. the good thing is my buddy at sema says they are working on trying to get some of these smog laws thrown out but the goverment doesnt seem to want to work with them.

That is complete bull :poop . How in the F is paper classified as a mod to go faster? Stickers, give this jigga a break..please, I personally do not like them on cars, but they are only stickers. Extra gauges, maybe the person is 4|\|4L and has gauges that monitor just about everything going on in the vehicle modded or not. That does NOT mean he or she has 1000hp sleeping under the hood. F the people who make laws like this... :finger::beer:lol2:spit:beer:spit:beer

Archived