Felt

Guest metint

Guest metint

I know of two sources for felt being used to cover those gaskets that scratch glass, Pacific States Felt (PSF) and CR Laurence (CRL).

I have had complaints on both, PSF and CRL!

This question is for those who are using these materials:

Do you have any trouble with the adhesive letting go and smearing all over the tint to the point of the customer coming back?

In your experience, which of these two does not bond well (or does not hold in hot weather)?

Guest metint
I know of two sources for felt being used to cover those gaskets that scratch glass, Pacific States Felt (PSF) and CR Laurence (CRL).

I have had complaints on both, PSF and CRL!

This question is for those who are using these materials:

Do you have any trouble with the adhesive letting go and smearing all over the tint to the point of the customer coming back?

In your experience, which of these two does not bond well (or does not hold in hot weather)?

[*]306697

Let me put a more positive spin on the question;

Of the two products, which would you use in hot weather?

Guest metint

Yeah, that's what I say too... you can't just peel the release paper and stick. There is some prep involved.

Even at this end of the issues equation, the questioner/complainer is still looking for the answer they want.

I thought I'd put it out here so as to confirm what I am hearing from the field.

Thanks in advance for all replies... :phone

that is why I stay away from felting, I know there is trouble ready to happen in the long run, and who gets blamed? the installer.....shiizzz, its not my problem the car manufacturer made those rubber/gaskets they way they are made, but they dont care, they say they dont do anything about it even if in the future it scratches they're glass too :phone

Had a couple come back, no big deal considering the amount of cars I put it on. Used CRL, Sommer-Maca, and tried the stuff guest uses. Only stuff that ever came back was Sommer-Maca felt, but I've put alot of that on, so the percentage of comebacks is way low. That stuff was thinner(width-wise) than what I use now also. I'll still keep felting, it's the only logical answer to the problem as it stands with the manufacturers right now as I see it. I actually don't mind doing it either, something different. :zzz

Archived