White Opaque Alternative?

Guest glasshat

Guest glasshat

I have a white opaque job to do. (500+SF) It is only temporary. The customer needs to obscure visibility during build out.

They are squirming at my price and I recalled seeing windows in a mall coated with something that made them look like obscured glass.

I looked close and could see it was liquid applied. When they lease the space they clean it off.

If it is cheaper then film I would like to offer this to these customers. They do lots of work with me and saving the dough here will make me allot in the future.

Anybody seen anything like this? My next move is contact the mall administration.

Thanks in advance. :nc:zzz

Guest Mayor of Tint Town

Most mall white out applications are simply white paint rolled on to the window. Cheap but messy to clean off. You could consider a low grade vinyl as an alternative. Some run around .30 per sq ft. Good Ruck.

Guest windoworx

I think they just use car paste wax. Comes off easy too.

The other day I was selling a job and asked if they want the sidelite done. They showed me a can of spray paint frost and said they would take care of that. Fine by me, I like sidelites as much as transom. I'm pretty sure that can as spray is cheaper than film anyway.

if being cheap is the only way, then I would suggest like MR MAYOR says, vinyl, way more cleaner when removing in the future, im pretty sure they wont remove it, they just say that so they can get around paying "extra".

good luck man.

Guest TintPoser
I have a white opaque job to do. (500+SF) It is only temporary. The customer needs to obscure visibility during build out.

They are squirming at my price and I recalled seeing windows in a mall coated with something that made them look like obscured glass.

I looked close and could see it was liquid applied. When they lease the space they clean it off.

If it is cheaper then film I would like to offer this to these customers. They do lots of work with me and saving the dough here will make me allot in the future.

Anybody seen anything like this? My next move is contact the mall administration.

Thanks in advance.  :nope  :coffee

[*]306859

You could just cut your price in half and do a half ass job. That sounds what they are looking for.

Archived