Bubbles here to stay?

Guest bigeye

Guest bigeye

Hello all,

I just had my car tinted about 4 hours ago. The shop told me no windows up/down for 48 hours and the foggy stuffs I see will be gone in about a week.

When I get home I noticed there are few bubbles. I did not see them in the shop so I did not ask. Are those bubbles will be gone later ? say a week or two?

It looks like the moisture or soapy water in the middle of it. When I touch the bubble with me finger the bubble kind of move away from my finger.

If the bubbles did not go a way in a week or two can the shop fix it with out redo it? They gave me lifetime guaranty on the work and film.

Thank you so much.

park your car out in the sun as much as possible. mouisture under the tint is normal and can last for 2 to 3 weeks depending on the type film. in most cases its gone in a couple days, but the amout of heat the glass gets during the day and type film can dictate how long it (moisture under tint) will last.

Guest darkdan

We need a sticky thread that says, "Water bubbles will dry. Those little dots are dirt....take it up with whomever tinted your car. No we won't give you a quote."

=)

Guest bigeye

Thanks for all the replies. I 100% sure they are water. I guess the film will shrink after all the water has dried.

I can always go back to the shop. My car is Toyota Matrix. Out of 7 windows he tinted today about 10 bubbles really stands out. I guess it not too bad.

Guest darkdan
We need a sticky thread that says, "Water bubbles will dry.? Those little dots are dirt....take it up with whomever tinted your car.? No we won't give you a quote."

=)

[*]307104

we do, it's on the front page titled "I just had my windows tinted"

http://www.tintdude.com/care.html

:spank

[*]307107

No one goes to the front page.

They search google for something tint related and go straight to the forums. Typically to an old thread semi-related to their search before registering and asking their own.

That's how I've came across almost every message board I've joined.

Archived