stolen car yesterday

Guest afterhours

Guest afterhours

I almost had a really bad day yesterday. my office/shop is connected to a resteraunt. I tinted the windows on a 79 buick and the guy was suppose to come pick it up around 12... well not only was the car a pain but he didn't show up for a while so I locked the door and walked into the resteraunt to order some food...... well while standing there I see the car come bolting by and peeled out from the stop sign..... I stood there with this dumb look for a second and actually laughed out loud b/c I was like "did that just really happen" so I walk back to my shop and yessir the car is gone. HOLY CRAP.

I went and checked the door, yes it was still locked. So I assume the someone went all the way around the back of the building, through the fence, and rolled the door up and left... well I hoped in my truck and drove over to where I thought the guy that owned it might be and the buick was sitting there....... no one around, didn't see anyone in the store it was at etc. etc.... a few seconds later the owner popped out laughing like hell b/c he could tell I was distraught..... he say

"hey man sorry about that, someone dropped me off and left b4 I knew the door was locked. I didn't know where you where so I went ahead and got the car."

so I'm thinking that is really crappy you just found a way to bust into my building and take something. he follows his statement with...

"Did you get the money I left. I gave you and extra $75 can I get another car done tomorrow"

I have a better one than that AH.

I did a car for a car salesman who said he'd like it tinted for a customer of his whilst this bod had just left to go overseas for a short while. No problem with that except after a month I was a bit keen to get paid for it only to find the guy had done a runner, knocked the car off and used my factory to warehouse the stolen vehicle.

The dealer had an idea he flogged the unregistered car with false plates on it but couldn't prove it and all the time I've nursemaided the bloody thing like my own for 4 weeks.

When I rang the dealer, they were rapped to get it back unscathed.

The paid for the tint job and gave me a dozen bottles of plonk in appreciation. :music

Devil

Guest autotinter
I almost had a really bad day yesterday. my office/shop is connected to a resteraunt. I tinted the windows on a 79 buick and the guy was suppose to come pick it up around 12... well not only was the car a pain but he didn't show up for a while so I locked the door and walked into the resteraunt to order some food...... well while standing there I see the car come bolting by and peeled out from the stop sign..... I stood there with this dumb look for a second and actually laughed out loud b/c I was like "did that just really happen"  so I walk back to my shop and yessir the car is gone. HOLY CRAP.

I went and checked the door, yes it was still locked. So I assume the someone went all the way around the back of the building, through the fence, and rolled the door up and left... well I hoped in my truck and drove over to where I thought the guy that owned it might be and the buick was sitting there....... no one around, didn't see anyone in the store it was at etc. etc.... a few seconds later the owner popped out laughing like hell b/c he could tell I was distraught..... he say

"hey man sorry about that, someone dropped me off and left b4 I knew the door was locked. I didn't know where you where so I went ahead and got the car."

so I'm thinking that is really crappy you just found a way to bust into my building and take something. he follows his statement with...

"Did you get the money I left. I gave you and extra $75 can I get another car done tomorrow"

[*]307245

I don't know if I would have remained that calm :music

Guest nautiboi73
I don't know if I would have remained that calm :music

[*]307257

yea I know that I wouldn't have. I am a prick about my space and my stuff. I think it comes from being a only child for 14 years :music

Guest afterhours

well to be honest I may not have been as calm as I made it seem in my story. the truth is I thought he wasn't going to pay for the tint and I did a removal on the back glass so I thought he would @#$% about that too so I carried a mag light with me and he didn't pay I was gonna bust the windows out. but when he came up to me laughing I couldn't help it then.

Guest afterhours

yea he really did leave a great tip. he was super stoked about the tint job and I did another car for him today.

like I said just kinds of crappy about how he barged into my shop... and yes I know I should have locked the roll up door too but come on... if the front door is locked dont come in (as a customer).

Archived